Best way to get em is with a hog trap...it's there when u can't be...just don't shootem in the trap..the smell of blood will keep other pigs from coming in when u set it again...if you get a big one in the trap and have to shoot it in the trap...22 mag an inch or so below the ear hole will minimize the bleeding...be sure to smoke the trap out to get the blood scent out before you set it agian. Good Luck! I love free range organic pork!

There are signs where I goose hunt saying to shoot feral pigs on sight, but I always wondered how they'd do or if they'd want to fuck around in breast-deep water.

Pigs are great swimmers, and are known to island hop in the caribbean. There's also that famous incident of a barge full of pigs on the way to chicago sinking and eating all the snakes and vegetation off of rattlesnake island.

• Like 2

There are signs where I goose hunt saying to shoot feral pigs on sight, but I always wondered how they'd do or if they'd want to fuck around in breast-deep water.

Pigs are great swimmers, and are known to island hop in the caribbean. There's also that famous incident of a barge full of pigs on the way to chicago sinking and eating all the snakes and vegetation off of rattlesnake island.

And because hot girls....

And because hot girls....

I hope she killed the little fucker.

• Like 4

I've been hunting the last three days, got some deer and piggies.

See my Hunting report thread.

This is how I deal with pigs.

When those tender little piglets are around, and you can't afford to ruin meat.

Just blow their brains out.

IMG_20160123_124303576_zps8jno84bh.jpg

I'm cooking one whole on the BBQ tomorrow, stand by for the thread.

Note: I'm not responsible for drooling on keyboards.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I'd fatten him up a little with some grains and cherry. Then make bacon! Do they tear shit up down there like the transplant wolves do up here?

They destroy crops & land by the acre, out compete indigenous animals for for, breed like mad and are dangerous too boot.

• Like 1

Hey Elvis,

Long time no hear. Will be working on the cage on Sunday. The hogs have changed their feeding times to around midnight or after, just TOO DAMN COLD to sit out there and wait, plus, have to go to the shop and try and make the wife some money during the week. I haven't tried stalking them thru the woods yet, but from all the "experts" around here say, they are walking he river bank. I'm not so sure if you sit back and look at trails going thru the brush. Going to go down in the morning and change out the cards in the cameras and see if anything is stirring around, did get a pic of 4 point buck down there on Monday morning.

Maybe me, you & Chili can do a hog killing one weekend.

• Like 1

I'd fatten him up a little with some grains and cherry. Then make bacon! Do they tear shit up down there like the transplant wolves do up here?

Yep! Everything in their path. The term "rooting" is pretty accurate. They will tear up a field in a single evening.

• Like 1

Yep! Everything in their path. The term "rooting" is pretty accurate. They will tear up a field in a single evening.

Well, then add claymore! Wish we could consider the transplanted canadian wolves pest already. fuckers are like vacuum cleaners on the deer, elk, moose, horses, ... you name it. they wipe it all out.

• Like 1

Again, where are you located?

PM me when you're serious about killing some piggies.

I'll try to arrange some vacation time and bring my Savage and S12.

I hope they haven't been pressured into being completely nocturnal.

I would be further tempted to buy a night vision scope.

• Like 1

Again, where are you located?

PM me when you're serious about killing some piggies.

I'll try to arrange some vacation time and bring my Savage and S12.

I hope they haven't been pressured into being completely nocturnal.

I would be further tempted to buy a night vision scope.

Terry and Elvis are both from around Bham Chile, it would be awesome for us Alabama boys to get together to hunt or just shoot.

• Like 1

I've been hunting the last three days, got some deer and piggies.

See my Hunting report thread.

This is how I deal with pigs.

When those tender little piglets are around, and you can't afford to ruin meat.

Just blow their brains out.

IMG_20160123_124303576_zps8jno84bh.jpg

I'm cooking one whole on the BBQ tomorrow, stand by for the thread.

Note: I'm not responsible for drooling on keyboards.

Mighty fine shootin', hoss!

-Guido in TX

• Like 1

Chili,

I'm northwest of Birmigham, little hole in the wall called West Jefferson. Working on getting the trap set up. I've had cameras set up for 3 months and have never got a daytime pic, but I did get this one today, he came thru yesterday, along with 3 does.

post-2650-0-41314200-1453765183_thumb.jpeg

post-2650-0-86612100-1453765209_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1