I like the general idea, but they appear to be built around MKA mags. I wish they had gone with the V12 /030 style, since those allow more variation in mag shapes, and materials and also more robust mags.

I would like to see what the operating mechanism is for the gun too. The form factor looks OK to me.

• Like 1

It's gonna retail for about $999 (non-bullpup) coming out in about 4 months, and $1299 (bullpup) in about 6 months. Proprietary mags in 5, 10 and 15 rounders. Threaded for chokes. I'm liking what I see.

Edited by Heartbreaker

"Proprietary mags" is bullshit.

When the Saiga/Vepr/MKA1919/(insert firearm name) came out they all had proprietary magazines.

Actually, if you think about it, most every gun has proprietary magazines. AR15 is really the only mass-compatible magazine system. There's Glock mags and a few other that interchange between a few different guns, but overall it's mostly proprietary.

Edited by Heartbreaker

"Proprietary mags" is bullshit.

When the Saiga/Vepr/MKA1919/(insert firearm name) came out they all had proprietary magazines.

Actually, if you think about it, most every gun has proprietary magazines. AR15 is really the only mass-compatible magazine system. There's Glock mags and a few other that interchange between a few different guns, but overall it's mostly proprietary.

When those came out there was a reason to make new mags. Now that there is a reliable existing standard, it substantially raises the cost of development for a new gun, and reduces it's versatility to the end user. The adkals came on scene before the 030/vepr type mag was widely available. That magazine has everything a mag for a shotgun should need: Straight insert, 3" / 2.75" compatibility, provision for a LRBHO, dimensions which allow for plastic mags or steel, and for a strong feed tower for a drum or other mag. I suppose a new gun could need a new feed angle, but that's a matter of adjustment to the design. IMO launching a new gun tends to mean a couple years of debugging the factory mags. For a small shop, they only have limited resources. Do they spend those debugging the gun or the mags? Or they could use existing mags, charge a hundred bucks less for the gun, get it to market earlier and spend their energy focussing on refining just the gun.

• Like 1

I did hear mention that it was 2.75" only, so they probably madr proprietary mags so 3" wouldn't fit in them like a vepr or saiga mag. I never shoot 3" so it isn't a huge deal to me, but it might turn some people off. It does have LRBHO. Probably easier to make a well-working gas system for 2.75" only.

Edited by Heartbreaker

They are a company which has made shotguns for years. I am sure they borrow existing parts and designs. Plastic is fine. It just needs to run, be durable, be reasonably ergonomic, and be affordable. If it meets those, it could copy any action and I would have zero problems with that fact. However they didn't choose a very big challenge for running, since they went 2.75" only.

They are a company which has made shotguns for years. I am sure they borrow existing parts and designs. Plastic is fine. It just needs to run, be durable, be reasonably ergonomic, and be affordable. If it meets those, it could copy any action and I would have zero problems with that fact. However they didn't choose a very big challenge for running, since they went 2.75" only.

I haven't searched, what shotguns have they made for years besides the relatively new "DP12"?

I haven't searched, what shotguns have they made for years besides the relatively new "DP12"?

I've forgotten the brand, but they were  a company that made trap guns, mostly over/unders before they launched a subsidiary brand for the DP12 project.