Anyone staring.... at gas price signs?

I can't take me eyes off of them around here. They continue to drop, almost daily, and I am awestruck with each reduction. It is now at $170.9 at my favorite station. It may sound odd, but it gives me an uneasy feeling, as if something very bad and significant is about to happen.

ETA: $169.9 today.....

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 2

We had a saying when I played football not sure if it is still common about hearing footsteps.

It was used commonly when a receiver takes his attention off the ball because he hears the footsteps (or yell) from the defender closing in for the hit.

We even had a drill for it.

Yes the footsteps are loud and yes the hit will be brutal.

At one point this month there were NO ships of commerce in the North Atlantic between Europe and North America.

None

Temporary of course but its never happened before and this is tracked as an indicator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG9mCeSUnFE

• Like 2

I can't take me eyes off of them around here. They continue to drop, almost daily, and I am awestruck with each reduction. It is now at $170.9 at my favorite station. It may sound odd, but it gives me an uneasy feeling, as if something very bad and significant is about to happen.

Smart observation. It is only about energy independence within this country which Obama does not want (enemy within). We have more reserves in the US than the middle east, and the Saudi's don't like that. Eventually something will break. I found it interesting Obama would not approve the Keystone pipeline (environmental concerns and protect Saudi's), but allowed Warren Buffet (supported Obama in election) to ship the same oil on his rail lines which is more dangerous through the US. Keep eyes on Venezuela I think it is about to blow. If it were me, I would take the oil and cast them out into the desert.

• Like 2

There's tankers off Texas coast filled with oil. Commercial maritime traffic is close to a stAndstill. I think we are close to the financial collapse our government has been working at for the last 30+ years.

Gun up, carry, and remember we are all out there somewhere!

$Low$ oil can economically hurt regionally.  Kern County CA government gets about 30% of their general government operating fund monies from the sale of local crude oil.  Kern County is one of the most prolific oil producing areas in the lower 48 states.  Bakersfield CA City gets about 10%.

Low oil prices means less sales tax revenue which means layoffs.  Kern County has already lost near 2000 very high paying oil field related jobs. The City and County are facing layoffs of public employees, which has hardly ever happened before.  Worse even than 2008.  Gets worserer.

California State Employees Retirement System, (CPERS) has again painted themselves into a tight economic corner.  My firefighter service pension comes from CPERS.  $Reductions$ may be a coming.  This is a good example to me how low oil prices can come to hurt you.  Ouch!

For years I heard fellow union guys hate on "Big Oil" for so long and those same guys had no clue that their retirement funds were largely invested in just that, "Big Oil". Those idiots will probably celebrate the strain on the oil industry, lol.

• Like 2