buy vepr folder or fixed?

It's been along time since I've posted on the forum....years.......many vendors/builders are no longer active or have been inactive for sometime. Anyway onto the subject I'm looking to buy a vepr 12, and trying to decide which one I want to buy being a folder, fixed, slant or straight cut reciever. Are the folders still being imported? I can find a few online but that's it. It's seems everyone is selling the fixed stock version/ angled cut reciever? I would prefer a straight cut reciever, the cut the tang off and install an aftermarket stock. Now if I buy the factory fixed folder are they rarer will they be imported again? Thanks

It's iffy. I've heard rumors that at least one importer is likely to get a foldy batch in the next few months. The general tone though is that almost all of them will be with the fixed one that looks like a folder but doesn't have any hinge mechanism.

The CNC Warrior/Bonesteel folder might be what you are looking for.

I haven't been seeing many slant cut or square back veprs in the last year or two. IMO if you get one in pretty bone stock format, there is no real downside to buying used if you are looking for a particular format. These guns aren't going to be even close to warn out. So if everything is stock, you are good to go. If buying online, ask for pictures of the bolt carrier. I would trust one done by a pro like cobra, etc, or myself, but probably not someone else's home job.

If you didn't want a particular format, but folding matters, just look around for a new or used welded folder, convert it and cut the weld. that's worth a couple hundred bucks over the cost of the fixed stock.

It rotates to face left or right.there is a detente notch for each place on the cheek rest. You'll see what I mean when you have yours. 

But it is kind of wrong for most faces in the factory locations. Most people are unhappy with it and often ask about removing it. Straight up gives a good repeatable cheek weld for me, and I've suggested this to a number of people who also reported satisfactory results. As a bonus it is also ambidextrous without moving it, when locked straight up.

A dremel burr or even a knife could give you a notch in the right place.