http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/05/facebook-gun-policy/6074229/

Now I don't use it much, mostly to keep in contact with old military buddies, but as of now I've closed my account and am gently telling my friends to do the same.  This is my own personal opinion, and I don't demand my friends follow me lock step, but for me, no thank you.

They are not infringing our right by blocking anything on their site. Is it always fair and just? No, but the posters do not own a controlling interest in the site. This site and many other sites have rules that some could consider an infringement of their rights as well. For example, if some one makes a comment that is outside of what the rules allow, it can be removed by site staff. Is that an infringement of the poster's right to free speech? No, the site is not owned by the poster and the poster does not make the rules for that site. Don't get me wrong, I think there is no shortage of shitbag rules and actions on various sites, but I do not own those sites and do not have the authority to make the rules or break them at will and get away with it. I do, however, have to elect the "accept" icon in regards to their rules if I want to utilize a site for personal or business reasons. I don't particularly like or trust FaceBook, but it can be a useful tool. I think it is a very useful tool for LE as well and this action may be an example of them shooting LE in the foot, so to speak. This could eliminate the opportunity to pursue the morons who continually post illegal items for sale there, like sawed off (literally) rifles and shotguns. Not a wise action, but I do not own the site and they will do what they will do.

• Like 1

This is old news from Early 2014. 

There are plenty of websites like armslist and the like that are free to use.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/05/facebook-gun-policy/6074229/

Now I don't use it much, mostly to keep in contact with old military buddies, but as of now I've closed my account and am gently telling my friends to do the same.  This is my own personal opinion, and I don't demand my friends follow me lock step, but for me, no thank you.

• Like 1

nonono.gif

Dick has a gun.
Dick wants to sell his gun.
Psycho needs a gun.
Psycho sees Dick's gun for sale.
Psycho buys Dick's gun.
Dick sold his gun to Psycho.
Don't be a Dick, don't sell a gun to a Psycho.

Kind of tired  reading this type of stuff, but the DIY tips are sometimes interesting and the over 50s dating sites are funny.

• Like 1

Per facebook policy:

For Sale:  1 Pair Pink Knit Baby Socks- $1200

Bravo Company Recce 16 AR-15 Rifle, Burnt Bronze, New in Box, with 6 G3 Window PMAGs,

is absolutely NOT included.

• Like 4

Talking to my wife, (The old Hippie Witch), she wants to know if there is any other LEGAL trade they restrict? Tobacco products? They allow all sorts of perversion and their accouterments, but is the trade in firearms their ONLY restraint of legal trade or are there others?

MY question is, does this constitute an ILLEGAL 'restraint of trade', and can injured parties SUE? Sounds like an opportunity for a class action suit to me!