New Georgia "Assault Weapon" Ban Proposed

Yeah it is never going to happen.. But it does illustrate what the goal is.

Of people I know very few of the younger (18-30) have a strong opinion against firearms, the older ones are strongly opposed. So it is possible to keep the momentum we have for a good while.

Example, my wife has a bunch of cousins, all of the guys talk about firearms constantly but do not yet own any, their father is strongly opposed to owning firearms of any kind.

My brother was at a beach fire in a group of about 40+ younger people ages 15-25, someone mentioned that they shot a gun for the first time and almost everyone thought it was the coolest thing ever and asked if they could go next time.. My brother said nothing because he knows I don't want to pay for a 40+ person range day.

• Like 3

I chuckled reading that list and came to the "Feather AT-9". I said Hah, I got the AT-22. Then I paged through and it looks like they got most of the rest of mine listed. What a bunch of dumbasses. Didn't California try to pull this same crap a few years back as well as when naming the specific ones in the '94 Assault ban? Still they don't learn. Can't wait for when they figure out most car accidents are caused by "cars" and a few trucks. Trucks are inherently the non black rifles of the automotive community. Cars are the real killers. 

Of people I know very few of the younger (18-30) have a strong opinion against firearms, the older ones are strongly opposed. So it is possible to keep the momentum we have for a good while.

Example, my wife has a bunch of cousins, all of the guys talk about firearms constantly but do not yet own any, their father is strongly opposed to owning firearms of any kind.

My brother was at a beach fire in a group of about 40+ younger people ages 15-25, someone mentioned that they shot a gun for the first time and almost everyone thought it was the coolest thing ever and asked if they could go next time.. My brother said nothing because he knows I don't want to pay for a 40+ person range day.

Yep. Almost weekly I'll have smaller versions of that. Someone will ask me a question about a gun he wants to buy, or tell me about one he just bought. The conversation will end with "hey we should go shooting soon...." Almost invariably 2-3 young women in the 19-23 age demo will say, me too- I've been wanting to. Maybe a guy or two will as well, but the ladies seem to be more enthusiastic and proactive about actually making that happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, where's all these 19-23 yr. old ladies that want to go shoot?  I'll help!!  biggrin.png  032.gif

They are getting armed up. Possibly to keep away the sleaze bags from this forum. ;)

Seriously though, I help run an organization that keeps the arts going. We have weekly dances, and stuff like that. There are 5-6 of them in my place about every other night of the week for something or other. Aerials practice, or planning an event... They wouldn't be here if I were trying to get something from them.  Well-- I suppose my girlfriend is an exception to that. We treat the guys as protectors rather than pervs held at bay and it changes the whole dynamic from both sides. I'd say about a fifth of our guys are packing, and a lower but significant portion of the ladies are too. Also we make a point of always walking the ladies to their cars from social stuff at night. Never had a single complain that I've heard of. 

Lately I've gotten several of the guys into showing up at the new range for weekly informal action shooting night. -- Right when I can't go, most of the time. Anyway there's a lot of interest in this sort of thing from the early 20s set and it seems to be building to a critical mass point. There's a cultural appreciation for personal responsibility for every aspect of life, from finance, to romance, to personal protection. It's pretty cool.

• Like 5

You're right on the money. Oddly, hollyweird and the astoundingly liberal video game community sparked an interest along with guys like FPS Russia on YouTube. Those influences have far exceeded the efforts of hunting and shooting sports. I sure hope the youth will pick up a gun and go hunting soon or the fucking moonbats will move in and make hunting a thing of the past.

You're right on the money. Oddly, hollyweird and the astoundingly liberal video game community sparked an interest along with guys like FPS Russia on YouTube. Those influences have far exceeded the efforts of hunting and shooting sports. I sure hope the youth will pick up a gun and go hunting soon or the fucking moonbats will move in and make hunting a thing of the past.

Just curious as to what makes you think the video game industry has a liberal bias?