Car wax works well, and doesn't turn white when it gets water spots on it.

So I don't necessarily need to use the exact same wax or even "Carnauba Wax" for it to match. I really appreciate all this help as I'm trying to learn and can't find anyone face-to-face who can answer all these questions.

Matt from Ironwood told me what wax to use and I've already sanded out the damage. Now all that is left is to get some 0000 Steel wool which I could get from work but I'm cheap and not getting many hours so I'm reluctant to buy 12 pads for 4 dollars as I doubt I'll need 12 any time soon. 

Also my basement is is finished, though the indoor/outdoor carpet will quickly wear through the knees on your pants so I could probably use it if I ever need some 80 grit sandpaper. 

THIEF.

I sincerely hope you get caught and prosecuted and sentenced to the fullest extent of the law.

I KNOW you are aware that stealing is illegal as well as just plain wrong.

Edited by patriot

Matt from Ironwood told me what wax to use and I've already sanded out the damage. Now all that is left is to get some 0000 Steel wool which I could get from work but I'm cheap and not getting many hours so I'm reluctant to buy 12 pads for 4 dollars as I doubt I'll need 12 any time soon. 

Also my basement is is finished, though the indoor/outdoor carpet will quickly wear through the knees on your pants so I could probably use it if I ever need some 80 grit sandpaper. 

Not if she asks her boss for a couple.

...but she might wear through the knees on her pants again.

• Like 1

Popped her cherry. Live and learn then carry on! No AK should ever look so pristine!

Pretty much yeah, I sanded out the chip so I pretty much have to finish it now. Gonna get the 0000 wool from the wood shop later today and hopefully have it repaired as I can get it in my amateur ability. I basically just have to get the painful part over with so I'm forced to then do the rest to get it back to "normal".

I appreciate all the help here and once I'm done if it doesn't look like utter shit I'll post the results. Y'all'll probably mock my shit sanding skills, I know I wish I'd done a bit better honestly as I took off a bit too much on the edges I wish I hadn't.

I just have to keep telling myself to think of it like the grooves cut into the handle scales on a pistol to make way for safety, but for the gas tube release.

Edited by JDeko

I feel ya I got a timbersmith stock for my s12 and on when modding the handguard I let the drum sander skip out and scuffed it up was pissed for a week but never fixed it. and as far as snagging shit from work fuck the naysayers if its a consumable they will never notice unless you get greedy. Hell the said drum sander i had in my air grinder came from work, shit come to think of it the air grinder came from work too

How do you think it feels to have the router bit chatter and completely spin out in the jig holding your brand new Timbersmith, while cutting a bayonet groove??

For round two I used tried and true extremely sharp chisels. I understand your failure, but deal with it.

IMG_1723_zpslmmnwanb.jpg

I can afford it, but I'm not going to waste the money on extra wool I don't need. I bought the individual 9"x6" from a wood shop for a lot less and have the ding nice and shiny. I shall now get to finishing it.