My Vepr side folder is hard to fold

Just like the title, my side folder is a pain in the ass to fold. The button is pretty tough, but with a few swipes with fine sand paper and maybe some polish that would be no problem. But the damn hinge is so tight. I crank it open and closed a couple times and the hinge heats up! Anyone have an idea on how to loosen it just a smidge?

Lube it with Remington 40-X Bore cleaner (available at Wal-Mart). It's a light oil with a fine-grit abrasive suspended in it. I would never use it as a bore cleaner (because it contains an abrasive), but it works great for smoothing out rough mechanisms. Lube it good with 40-X, operate the mechanism until it smooths out, and then clean it thoroughly to remove all traces of the 40-X.

This also works great for breaking in firearm actions--lube with 40-X, hand-cycle or fire 20-50 rounds, then detail-strip and clean thoroughly. It smooths things out without burning through a crapload of ammo.

Edited by JonWienke