Newbie Question on Fore Ends

I just completed a partial conversion.  Trigger, hammer, ect.

I Put on a MagPul MOE Stock and MOE AK+ grip.  I was told by the shop gunsmith that the MOE AK long handguard would work.  It doesn't.  I read there are more conversions I need to make it fit and I'm not going to.

The question I'm getting to is,  Who makes a nice fore end/ quad rail that fits with no more mods to the barrel? Has Anyone used the UTG/Leapers Unit?

I will most likely be putting on a CSS Rifle Scout Site Rail in place of the factory piece.  I just like the look of a top and bottom piece of a fore end and not just the bottom with the Saiga factory piece.

post-50890-0-12761900-1454373294_thumb.jpg

Towards the end of this thread. Gary tells about his struggles with the Magpul. He did get it to fit with some cuss words.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/82322-my-americanized-saiga-545x39mm-harpoon-rifle/page-2

I've used the UTG with good luck.  

Edited by Jet
  • Like 1

I had a utg rail on my s223 and I didn't like it. If you want a good rail your looking at $200+ and a bolt on hanguard retainer with handguards and gas tube costs about the same.

Look at texas weapons systems new rail. SLR rifle works just came out with its solo rail for AKs and they can work in conjunction with an ultimak. Krebs makes a nice one if you like keymod but I heard its heavy.

• Like 1

Have you considered the Zhukov hand guard and Ultimak combo?   The Zhukov is pretty heavy but makes for a solid and functional front end.   With these two parts I can't think of anything that you couldn't mount to the rifle and you won't have rails where you don't need them.

8049cb74462914dc7d1cbc38a6e96b0d.jpg

• Like 1

Have you considered the Zhukov hand guard and Ultimak combo?   The Zhukov is pretty heavy but makes for a solid and functional front end.   With these two parts I can't think of anything that you couldn't mount to the rifle and you won't have rails where you don't need them.

The MagPul forends do not fit a Saiga front end.

Edited by ZenFacade
  • 3 months later...

The MagPul forends do not fit a Saiga front end.

Sorry, but yes they do fit!  Just like any other AK.  Have one sitting beside me right now with the Magpul Zhukov front end.  SMH

• 3 months later...