$699 VEPR 12???

Just saw this video.

Rob Ski from Ak operator's Union on YouTube had a nice little sit down with Fime/Arsenal at Shot Show and they said expressly that 

1. Fime will be importing all Molot products from now on.

2. Their MRSP for a fixed stock tubular when they roll out will be $699

Just thought I'd share that..
  • Like 1

This pricing seems more in line with the V12s current crippled platform  (angle cut rear receiver, frankenstein rear trunnion, and cheesy faux wire folder).  As a builder, I would love to see the guns imported in a configuration which is useful front to back, and does not discourage, and prevent useful modifications with regard the the stock.

Personally, even the $699 retail price for a gun which is effectively handicapped by the factory out of the box seems to be a premium.

I sincerely hope our friends at Arsenal will work with the factory to bring back the straight back receiver with a proper RPK rear trunnion.

While they're at it, Molot did a good job of cloning the Saiga Version30 with the Vepr 12. It would be nice to see a well built Russian Saiga IZ-109 type clone as well.

Mike

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is just pure conjecture, but in conversation with Carolina Shooter Supply the other day, he mentioned he talked to the fellas at FIME recently, and they are just waiting for them to clear customs.

Also, he said they WOULD be importing folders, and for a "similar" price point.

Just two guys talkin' ... But there u have it. The "latest"

• Like 2

So the new batch is in stock at KVAR.

There was a lot of confusion because the picture for the $699 with "fixed stock" in the description has the HINGE in place and a ambi safety. 

It literally looks like they photoshopped out the actual folding latch, and left everything else. 

wtf....

Then you have  what is being marketed as a 922r compliant version, with folder, for $1165. I agree with GTFO with that price....

anyway, aside form the BS, looks like what I heard about a "similar" price point is out the window, and its a fixed stock for $700. 

Wonder what the Qaulity, fit, and finish will be like on this batch...time will tell. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No way, it's true! It's like an automatic, instead of a stick shift! Except it never really changes gears...and may only run premium at first, until you grind off and polish some engine parts... :D

Yea I bought the marketing hype when they came out. I've owned 3. They need some "love" but they will love you back. Mag well, BHO, pre converted, high quality. Mine runs birdshot like its cuttin grass.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw this video.

Http://youtu.be/nyYF2yeM2Ik

Rob Ski from Ak operator's Union on YouTube had a nice little sit down with Fime/Arsenal at Shot Show and they said expressly that 

1. Fime will be importing all Molot products from now on.

2. Their MRSP for a fixed stock tubular when they roll out will be $699

Just thought I'd share that..

All of this is no more...