The fudgers keep showing up all night every night. Counted 28 the other day. My yard and plants are now officially ruined. City says the game warden says they can't be touched without a hunting license and the limit is two. City won't allow discharge of a firearm. What to do? Any ideas?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once you have all the proper permissions and permits - this might be kind of fun:  

Apparently we have some cold-hearted bastards on this forum. 

Thats serial killer level sick psychotic shit.   You should go have a vasectomy 

Posted Images

How big is the area that you need to keep them out of?  I'm just throwing out hair-brained schemes off the top of my head for fun, but I wonder if you could rig up some deterrents via motion detectors.   Maybe sprinklers modified to spray wildly with high pressure, or loud but short running alarm sound?  I'm mostly familiar with these critters from 'Ol Yeller so I don't know if things like this would phase them, but if you can succeed in startling the shit out of them every time they cross the perimeter, they might choose to feed elsewhere.

These would be really cheap to set up on a perimeter trip wire.  I would see it as a short term solution as you would need to change them out every time it rains, but if you're dealing with javelinas, you're probably not seeing much rain.   Hopefully it would only take one or two startles to make them associate your property with an unpleasant experience.

You can get 72 of them for $5 at BudK.  

If you do set something like this up, be sure to put up a trail cam and share the hilarity. biggrin.png

C35-NS109_700.jpg

Edited for typo

Edited by SGL

You need to get a hold of a wildlife biologist or talk to the game warden in your area he can issue you a nuisance permit with that permit you can kill them with a crossbow if legal , they can help you or tell you how to get a nuisance liscence with that you would be able to trap them and release them somewhere else . THE CITY IS PROBALY A WASTE OF YOUR TIME TO MANY ANIMAL LOVERS THERE AND THEY DONT WANT TO HURT THE LITTLE PIGGYS YOU NEED TO BYPASS THEM . I would call up the game warden and the Dept of Fish and Wildlife , someone there can help you , they have kill teams , at least they do in Ky. You will not be able to run them hogs off by trying to scare them when it gets quite they will be back unless you don't plan on sleeping anymore .

• Like 1

You need to get a hold of a wildlife biologist or talk to the game warden in your area he can issue you a nuisance permit with that permit you can kill them with a crossbow if legal , they can help you or tell you how to get a nuisance liscence with that you would be able to trap them and release them somewhere else . THE CITY IS PROBALY A WASTE OF YOUR TIME TO MANY ANIMAL LOVERS THERE AND THEY DONT WANT TO HURT THE LITTLE PIGGYS YOU NEED TO BYPASS THEM . I would call up the game warden and the Dept of Fish and Wildlife , someone there can help you , they have kill teams , at least they do in Ky. You will not be able to run them hogs off by trying to scare them when it gets quite they will be back unless you don't plan on sleeping anymore .

This.

This what I was going to suggest.

You pay taxes to the state for them to handle problems just like this.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

You also need to communicate to the ELECTED city council if you have one and also to an ELECTED mayor if you have one and most certainly to the PAID UNDERLING city manager if you have one of those also.  Or the equal or equivalent if you live in the county.  Explain in no uncertain terms politely that there is "clear, present and recurring danger" potentially endangering lives and obviously destroying private property. 

Tell them they better get their shit together or you will do it privately.  Also tell them you are rich and that you vote.  That should get their attention.  But maybe not also.  Then what you choose to do is your own decision.  Be careful, be aware, do not make things worserer but stand your ground.  You have a basic right of self protection for life and property.  Just me.  Start with live catch humane traps?  Then work up?

Those dinky pigs are smart.  Also extremely nasty.  Do not ask how I know this.  Any good deterrent will get their attention.  You just want them to learn to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

The fudgers keep showing up all night every night. Counted 28 the other day. My yard and plants are now officially ruined. City says the game warden says they can't be touched without a hunting license and the limit is two. City won't allow discharge of a firearm. What to do? Any ideas?

What state? Look at the laws yourself. They might not be regulated the way the city guy says. About the first sign that something isn't the law is that your buddy from the gun store or forum says it is. The second sign is that your local cop says it's the law. Actually write into the game department and ask for a clarification letter from their legal department. You'll find out what the actual law is that way. It might take a couple weeks for them to finish though.

• Like 2

Be careful with the paint ball guns.  GREAT idea but understand that local law enforcement would rather jump on you than jump on the real problem.  Also consider a big back up real gun as those little grunters can turn on a dime and are soosss fast.  Also mean when pissed.  Ouch!  This also might not go well with local law enforcement.  Do you have a cross bow?  Do you bow hunt?  How about a Number One Star Trek Phaser Pistol set on heavy stun?  They do eat well if prepared right. :)

Have some fun with them. Paintballs are non-lethal, and you'll get to see how fast they can run...AWAY from your place.

Yeah, shooting animals with airsoft or paintballs is considered harassment of game in most places. That's generally the case for animals you would be allowed to kill.

Oops!

Nevermind! Too bad. It would have been fun. Back to the electric fence.

I've exhausted almost every option. I'm thinking of spreading pepper and chili powder all over the damn place and see if that deters them some. The electric fence option is a good one. In Texas, these critters are considered game, not nuisance like feral hogs, otherwise it would be open season with a bow since I can't discharge a firearm in town.

• Like 1

If you go the fence option, get a BIG fence charger. The smaller ones don't have enough power to bother a hog..

The ZAREBA 25 MILE AC LOW IMPEDANCE FENCE CHARGER IS A GOOD ONE. Big enough to knock a wild hog on his ass. Tractor Supply carries them.

• Like 2

Find the path that they are using to enter your property and go out every evening and take a piss on that path.

The ammonia smell of the piss will deter them if they are anything like the deer we have here in PA.

While it did not stop them all together it sure cut down on the number of my pepper plants that were getting eaten.

good luck brother.

22LR, good can, and some of the CCI quite shells. Shoot out of a window that no one can see you from. My little brother worked nights, neighbors dog barked all day, they refused to do anything about, little shit laid a 30 06 out the bedroom window and solved the problem, when our father got there, he was in bed asleep with po po banging on the door, nobody saw anything, only heard a big boom. Ole man knew what happened, but brother never fessed up, even to daddy, and swore to shoot me if I ever told him. Daddy has passed away, so I can tell it now, and YES, he cleaned the gun before going back to bed, so po po didn't smell anything in the gun. :)

Fuck 'em. Hard-mount .50 BMG on the rear deck. One or two belts should do the trick.   :up:

OR... Big chunks of cheese with either rat poison or a couple of nitroglycerin pills (like they use for people with heart conditions) in them. Quick n' quiet.

I've exhausted almost every option. I'm thinking of spreading pepper and chili powder all over the damn place and see if that deters them some. The electric fence option is a good one. In Texas, these critters are considered game, not nuisance like feral hogs, otherwise it would be open season with a bow since I can't discharge a firearm in town.

If you go the fence option, get a BIG fence charger. The smaller ones don't have enough power to bother a hog..

The ZAREBA 25 MILE AC LOW IMPEDANCE FENCE CHARGER IS A GOOD ONE. Big enough to knock a wild hog on his ass. Tractor Supply carries them.

You can get a nuisance permit from your local wild life biologist which means you can kill them but you can't harvest them for meat or trophy you have to throw them away for the record , the electric fence would be your best bet to deter them use the poly rope and be sure to ground it with at lest 3 ground rods . The rope is easier to fix than wire and it is easier to see, be prepared to repair it a couple of times as they will probably get hung up in it and tear it down. You'r situation is tough because you live in town . I would not try the poison route as you will end up in jail . you cant shoot them and if not careful if you shoot one with a bow he might go over on the neighbors and die which will possibly cause problems. An animal damage control liscence will allow you to trap them and relocate them over 10 miles away so they don't come back if you go less than 5 they will beat you back home and they wont be as easy to catch the second time,but it might take you a while to get rid of them . You can always just let them have the flowers and bushes as they will keep coming until they are done , before they move on all those nice tender flowers and soft wet loose soil is a pigs dream your stuff is better than what grows wild . BE CAREFUL OF THE ELEC FENCE  KIDS AND METER READERS DONT FIND A LAWSUIT MAKE SURE YOU PUT SIGNS ON IT WARNING PEOPLE. If you do go a Game warden route they might trap and relocate them for you as they do have people that do this . I would talk to the neighbors and if a bunch of you could get together and go to the mayor not some flunky at animal control you might get better results . You do realize that if you havs 20 now you will have 200 in a couple of years . Hogs breed back with their next litter 3 days after having one , you will probably never get rid of you'r problem as the hogs live there and as long as there is something good to eat they are not leaving . I know what I am talking about as I used to be an animal damage control officer people paid me to get rid of their problems , but you couldn't make a good living at it you would starve to death in the winter time . MOTHBALLS IF YOU CAN FIND THEM WILL PROBALY HELP WITH YOUR FLOWERS , BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO RE APPLY WHEN IT RAINS , Good Luck you will need it and for Gods sake don't go the poison route as you will end up in PRISON for a long time ! 

Edited by THE NEW GUY

You can get a nuisance tag for them even if they are considered game animals , the farmers here get them for whitetail deer when the doe population gets out of hand . This allows you to kill them you just cant eat them [ legally] , you have to throw them away . The nuisance permit is issued for animals that are destroying your' property [ yards , soybeans etc. ] . I personally have seen 70 plus whitetail deer standing in 10 acres of new soybeans and they will eat them all the Dept of Fish and Wildlife will issue you a nuisance permit , so if you find the right help you will be able to address the problem

City says the game warden says WTF ?  [ talk to the game warden yourself , HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM  if he cant or wont help you call or go see the commissioner of the Dept of Fish and Wildlife that's his boss ] . He will be more likely to help you if he finds out you are willing to go over his head , ask THEM how they spell their names because you are going to make them famous ,  so when you call the local news  they will spell it right AND TELL THEM THAT, Take pics or video to show them especially if you have to see the comm. as he is a desk man , but the game warden will probably meet you at your house to see the damage which will probably get you the help you are looking for .Try that route first and be polite .

A single strand of fence wire hooked to an electric fence charger would work, if allowed. Be sure to mark it with a sign "Electric fence".

You might want to check with the city before you put up the electric fence to make sure it is legal , don't want you to have to waste your money and have to take it down . Ok I am done posting .

• Like 1

Well something happened last night.  They came at midnight, but within a minute were high tailing it out of my yard!  I have no idea what the hell spooked them, but they got out quickly.  A short while ago, while driving my kids to school, there was a dead one about 300 yards down the street.  Looked like a car hit it (maybe, but I doubt it since you can't really be hauling ass down this street). This also happened to be right in front of the police sub-station!  Maybe they (cops) had enough of them also.