Vepr 12 sbs what length to cut

• 1 year later...

12 is ideal length for a shotgun it's a 100fps muzzle velocity loss from 18in.

You can still run the flight control or versatite wads without the back of the wad being blown off. If you cut it at 11in the fingers will be blown off. At 12 You'll still be able to hit at 100 yards. You can run the hornady 1500fps superformance or TAP to pick up the lost muzzle velocity.

12 is ideal length for a shotgun it's a 100fps muzzle velocity loss from 18in.

You can still run the flight control or versatite wads without the back of the wad being blown off. If you cut it at 11in the fingers will be blown off. At 12 You'll still be able to hit at 100 yards. You can run the hornady 1500fps superformance or TAP to pick up the lost muzzle velocity.

There is no "back of the wad" and this statement does not convey an accurate understanding of those loads. There is an open-front cup that does not open with petals on the rear of it that are designed to open up and slow the wad/cup so it falls behind while the load continues to travel about its trajectory.

SBS is not intended for use at 100 yards. SBS is intended for very close range use. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

12" is not ideal for clearing a home alone with a regular length stock on the weapon. Velocity is less of an issue when you are actually using the SBS as intended.

It may not be intended for it but if you had to shoot 100 you would completely miss with that short of a barrel. The 12in will put most of the pellets on target. 100yards isn't that far hallways or longer shots may be required.

The 8 in does fire a 40in pattern which fired at a 20x40 shilouette means half of it missed at 12feet with standard buck.

My 12in is 29in oal and shorter than the M4 I carried and used for that. I have no problem with it.

There's a front and a back I call it like I see it.

Edited by mike123456

If you like holes all over the place except the bad guy great

I can choke the 12in and I won't rip out the tube. Hone/tap I can lengthen the forcing cone also but it won't be chrome. You can rent reamers and taps so you don't actually have to buy one to do your gun. You can do these by hand with a tap wrench and a lot of cutting oil which is how I do it. You don't need a lathe the reamers are pretty straight forward.

Edited by mike123456