Price Gouging

I don't know what they paid for them when they were imported, but they used to be $150.00 a few years ago.
Even sellers like Legion USA and the forum store have sold them for comparable prices.   These businesses are not gougers so I'm guessing that after covering all import costs, these still probably cost these stores $60-$80.   I'm just speculating though.

With all that said, they are still by far my favorite magazines and I wish I had more of them.

• Like 5

There are some rock and lock S12s that came in with a factory LRBHO.   I'm not sure if that's what he has, but if so they will only function with special factory LRBHO magazines that are nearly impossible to find.   This system actually makes it so that some standard S12 mags won't even function in the gun without modification.

I was going to order a few csspecs 8 rounders but I read they wont work with the factory bho installed, and I wanted to leave that in.

I need to take that note off. I figure those odd rock lock LRBHO guns are pretty much out of the market now. Most people that had them removed the feature to use normal sticks and drums.  Our magazines work fine in the normal saiga-12.

We do have a brand new batch coming in a little over a month.. I'm down to 1 saiga 12 magazine.. It looks pretty lonely sitting in the bin by itself.

That said, prices on imported goods are constantly subject to change. My understanding is that there are NO MORE coming, at least as long as the sanctions are in place.

I was going to order a few csspecs 8 rounders but I read they wont work with the factory bho installed, and I wanted to leave that in.

That was just the very first handful sold. They had a lot of demand for rapid release, and said that they were working on the followers. People asked to have them immediately BHO compatibility or not. Within a couple weeks all followers shipped worked with the LRBHO. The current ones do work the BHO. 10 round models are likely to happen soon too.

Places like Kvar and rusmilitary are charging $100+ for one factory 8 round mag, that's ridiculous. I know they were previously unavailable but c'mon thats highway robbery.

I paid about $100 each for my factory 8 rounders and I thought it was a fair price.  There's little about these shotguns that is cheap anymore.

Are factory 5 rounders in demand?

You can usually get about $40 each for them. At one point I had 6, and I traded 4 of them for the cost of the parts to convert my IZ 108. People in restrictive states, and also people who hunt with their S12s like them. 

• Like 1

It's easy to understand the price: supply and demand. Don't like the price? Don't buy. If the price is too high and they don't sell (and they WANT to sell), the price will come down. If the prices stay high, it means people are buying.

• Like 3