I need help please!! Saiga SGL31-95 vs Vepr RPK

Please, I need help. I am new to this forum and need some advice. I have a Molot IV RPK .223 w/box,etc and I have someone offering me a Saiga Arsenal SGL31-95 5.45 in trade. At the top (or really close) of my want list is a Arsenal Legion SGL-94/95, but my Molot is currently one of center pieces of my collection and I hate to part with it. Ive only acctualy seen 3 or 4 of these for sale the last couple years, but never a -94/95. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

post-50901-0-53655700-1454919736_thumb.jpg

There's no guarantee that either rifle will be available to purchase new again.   KVAR/FIME has announced that they will be the new importer of Veprs so there's a chance that the IV could come back in stock, but there are no guarantees when it comes to imports.

We've likely seen the last of the SGL31s unless something drastic changes on the political scene.
To me, this is really going to boil down to which rifle you prefer to own.

If these are just collector's items to you, then it's all about personal preference.   If you plan on using them as tools you'll simply need to decide if you want a lighter weight rifle made to be maneuverable or if you want one designed to lay down fire from the prone.  The SGL is more versatile, while the IV is more specialized.

With the import status of the IV being unknown I can't really speak to the future value of either, but fewer of the Veprs were imported so if they don't bring in any more, they will probably be worth more down the road.

Pick the rifle that you want to own the most, and enjoy it.

Thanks for the input. I would eventually like to have both in my collection, but Im just not sure which may be harder to find in the future. Ive never actually seen a -94/95 for sale, several old adds but nothing current. Ive purchased a fixed stock SGL 31 and should have it in a couple weeks, also thought about installing a folding stock kit on it. But idk how difficult that would be and theres the risk of making a mistake on it, leaving a big mess.