Time to retire this sad entire thread.  The question and input was that engraving receivers on a Form 1 SBR was not required?  Seems this is true as stated?  Completely true.  The failure was that some parties did not choose just to say they did not understand.  Their reactions were non professional, personal and ugly.  Not good.  Again ... for some reading this, engraving receivers on a SBR Form 1 is not required. 

However ...

But ... and here is the other boot dropping, engraving is still necessary.  One has the choice of either the receiver, frame or barrel.  With the Ruger 10-22, engraving the receiver is the logical choice.  However ... it is not the legal choice.  A great distinction. Again, one has the choice of either the receiver, frame or barrel.  That is the NFA law.  This is an Excellent Forum.  It is regrettable that input was non professional.

All Oregon, US Code Law And NFA Rules Apply.

Classic pot calling kettle black

BH762

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting a verbal opinion from anyone at the BATFE is only worth the paper it is written on.    There is an interview from a news program out there where a senior BATFE official says an airsoft gun c

To no one in particular, just a general observation across 7 years of membership

Actually, by way of a refresher, the Original Question was where and how to get it engraved in the first place. The secondary question, kind of an afterthought really, was about the other part.   I

Posted Images

Time to retire this sad entire thread.  The question and input was that engraving receivers on a Form 1 SBR was not required?  Seems this is true as stated?  Completely true.  The failure was that some parties did not choose just to say they did not understand.  Their reactions were non professional, personal and ugly.  Not good.  Again ... for some reading this, engraving receivers on a SBR Form 1 is not required. 

However ...

But ... and here is the other boot dropping, engraving is still necessary.  One has the choice of either the receiver, frame or barrel.  With the Ruger 10-22, engraving the receiver is the logical choice.  However ... it is not the legal choice.  A great distinction. Again, one has the choice of either the receiver, frame or barrel.  That is the NFA law.  This is an Excellent Forum.  It is regrettable that input was non professional.

All Oregon, US Code Law And NFA Rules Apply.

So, genius, show me where in this thread I said that the engraving had to be on the receiver.

I tried to explain it to you nicely, and you flat refused to listen.  I went to the trouble of posting the actual regs and written ATF guidelines, which showed exactly why you were wrong, and you continued to act like a complete ferrous cranus, either unable to understand them, or unwilling to try.  You can hardly blame me after that for getting a little upset when you insisted on taking a course that had the potential for screwing over a lot of people.

I do hope you learned something from this discussion.  But judging from your most recent post, if so then it was probably the wrong thing.

Actually, by way of a refresher, the Original Question was where and how to get it engraved in the first place. The secondary question, kind of an afterthought really, was about the other part.

I did get some contacts thanks to this thread, and finally got it shipped out yesterday! I should have it back in a week or two...  :)

• Like 3

Sorry for the discourse Ronin.

I tried to give reasonable information to you, as well as others did.

I even tried to get a point across to HB to NO avail, I even sent PMs to him with no comprehension resulting.

My apologies for my part in the train wreck 

Glad you were able to find a place to get it done.  I'm not going to apologize for arguing with HB...  He's not just ordinary benign stupid, he's dangerously stupid, and that has to be opposed.  If for no other reason, because somebody in the future with the same question may find this thread via a search; they will now have all of the information necessary to decide for themselves what is required.

• Like 1

Well, as of 1 hour ago I'm now the owner of my very first NFA firearm! The engraving looks perfect, no problems with the transaction or shipping (either way).

Kriss SDP with the shoulder stock attached. The way this firearm was designed in the first place! Except mine is semi-auto... one step at a time.  ;)

:D  :up:

• Like 2

Well, as of 1 hour ago I'm now the owner of my very first NFA firearm! The engraving looks perfect, no problems with the transaction or shipping (either way).

Kriss SDP with the shoulder stock attached. The way this firearm was designed in the first place! Except mine is semi-auto... one step at a time.  wink.png

biggrin.png  032.gif

Is that the one Chuck did? If so, how was the turnaround on it?

Yes it is, thanks again for the reference.  :up:

Shipped it on Mon., he got it Thursday, I had it back the next Friday.  :D

With his permission, I'll also be giving his info. to two of my local gun stores if anyone else needs engraving done.

• Like 1

He has a really good thing going there. I'm glad it was a pleasant experience.

Welcome to the NFA Club! You know, once you open that door you may as well go all the way. Well, almost all the way. MGs are pricy and expensive to feed.

Oh yeah.  I ordered a Rossi Mare's Leg in .45 Colt recently, that I am going to SBR and have threaded to take a .45 cal can.  Everybody says that lever guns are the perfect "under the radar" rifle, sure to be seen as relatively harmless by police and city dwelling types.  But I think I am doing it wrong.  lmao.gif

• Like 1

The gun will handle +P .45 Colt, but I am pretty sure they would blow out my can (Octane 45).  Planning on just running the same subsonic/standard pressure .45 through it as I use in my spaghetti western revolver.  255gr LSWC over 8.5gr Unique.  If I need stopping power out of a lever gun, I have a .450 Marlin for that.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
11 hours ago, mike12345 said:

it’s plastek I think I’d call around and just find a laser engraver any trophy shop can do that one where you normally wouldn’t meet depth requirements on metal 

You might want to go back and read the entire thread again, I had it done 2 1/2 years ago.  ;)

Welcome to the Forum! 😎

Edited by Ronin38

I've been told you should leave the original at home in a safe place, and carry a copy with you. Maybe not a "requirement" but makes life easier if anyone should ask. I haven't had mine out as much as I'd like, but haven't been asked so far...