Got a check in the mail today from Eotech for $604.00.  Not bad, it will go a long way towards a Hartman Red Dot Reflex Sight that will replace the 552 that was sent in.  The process was painless...

For those who might doubt me, check on the link to see a copy of the check:

https://flic.kr/p/E4z2L8

Done deal!

• Like 4

So is this the end for Eotech?

No, not at all.

Eotech simply played their problem the right way.

They decided to make right by anyone who wanted to get rid of their possibly buggy sight.

So they put aside well over twenty million dollars and told people to send them in for a full refund if they wished.

I know several people who will not get rid of their Eotech sights, that say the bugs are inconsequential and that they'd buy another.

Personally, I think Eotech is a stand up company for the way they've handled this.

But...  As for their knowingly putting these in the hands of US soldiers scorn.gif

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 4

Shitty Eotech laser reflex scopes.  Factory defect known and hidden from the US gov and our military for years by EOtech high management.  Eventually word got out.  US sued EOtech.  Part of the settlement was a $23 million fund to refund retail civilian owners.  Hot and very cold temp swings of the targeting dot.  Sometimes way off.  Humidity failures under extreme conditions.  The CEO knew and will walk free.

• Like 1

It is one thing to push that junk off on civilian consumers but

willingly knowing about such defects and still selling to those who depend on it for their very life.

Don't get much lower that that. I have never owned an Eotech and most certainly  never will.

For shame.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 2

I can't help but wonder if there was some liability/etc insurance in place that supplemented or funded this refund activity.

I would bet on it. Could be another company offered to buy a big part of them at a discount if they covered a lot of the costs too.

• Like 1

Not all Eotechs have the defect. I've checked mine against the co-witnessed irons after several heating & cooling cycles (AKA shooting outdoors in single-digit temps, then bringing the gun inside) and the point of aim on the sight hasn't moved. So I'm not sending mine in for a refund, but there other sights I would buy first going forward.

• Like 1

Good business practices demand that an insurance fund be in place. Investor owned Corporations need to protect the shareholders as well as the customer base.

Good to see them make good on their product. Hope their follow on products are well made.

• Like 1

Our concern was that even if our multiple EOtechs seemed alright so far, the big question is ... so far.  What about future events not in our control with several expensive scopes that have proven to have potential or actual problems.  What if one or more went bad?  That dictated our return.  We also do not know if the military actually had personnel killed because their EOtechs failed them.  That we do not know either.  Will advise.

• Like 1

Ya Hoo!  Hee Haw!  The EOtech check arrived today in the mail.  A 100% purchase price refund plus $15.00 for our return expenses.  After I write this gloriously good news we are making a special trip into town in the pouring cold SW OR USA rain straight to the bank to CASH IT.  Hope the check does not bounce.  Then maybe a special treat at the pizza place?  Yumm yumm.  Horray! :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...