Since I'm on a roll with the questions today, I've got another. In a state of blissful ignorance, I didn't do my homework and "forgot" that an rpk lower handguard would be a bit larger than an ak handguard. So now I've got a russian plum lower rpk HG that I don't really need. Does anyone know of a source for an individual ak lower HG in russian plum flavor of course. Talkin polymer here not wood btw.

The Russian and Bulgarian Plum (which from my understanding is also made in Russia) varies in color anyway. In the two numbers matching Bulgarian AK-74 kits that I have, the components varied from more red to more blue/grey. The HG may not necessarily be a perfect match with the PG or buttstock.

Point being do not obsess about it. Many original Bulgarian and Russian guns will vary in color on the plum furniture. If you want a perfect match between all the components, then the US sets from KVAR are nearly identical in color, if you don't want to part with cash for the set, the individual KVAR components will be within the range of the OEM color range.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

It all helps, so thank you. The set I have doesn't match perfectly either, I just don't want something wildly different. In some of the pictures I've seen, they look very very purple and not very plum at all. The goal is to only have to dish out another $25 or so for just a lower hg. Or trade the rpk hg for an ak one maybe.