Hey guys, I have a chance to pick up a Catamount Fury II that is unfired in the box.  Comes with 2 5rd mags, paperwork.   Has the skeleton stock, hinged dust cover and magwell.

What are they worth these days?   Every place I check is out of stock, and it doesnt look like they are selling on gunbroker.

Lots of us are contributors it seems.  Worth every penny.  Why not do a search of the various auction sites and see what they are fetching nowadays?  Then I was told (I do not know how yet) you can set your compoter to quickly scan the many sites.  After a month of so, one should  have a good data base upon which to come to a current market price?  That is what I would do, but then sometimes I screw up also. :)

Unless it's an amazing deal ($200 +/-) I would recommend saving up a little more and buying a Vepr or Saiga.

If you're patient, you can also watch for upcoming reviews of DDI's Chinese shotgun, but I think you'll be glad you spent the extra money if you go Russian.

KVAR has the fixed stock model V12s for $699.00.   That's a shotgun that will last a lifetime, where the reports on the Furys don't seem very favorable.

• Like 2

Unless it's an amazing deal ($200 +/-) I would recommend saving up a little more and buying a Vepr or Saiga.

If you're patient, you can also watch for upcoming reviews of DDI's Chinese shotgun, but I think you'll be glad you spent the extra money if you go Russian.

KVAR has the fixed stock model V12s for $699.00.   That's a shotgun that will last a lifetime, where the reports on the Furys don't seem very favorable.

I got the KVAR email and chuckled at the folding version for $1165 retail. Like I'm a stranger to modifying a weld here or there. Definitely will see higher prices at the next gun show, if there are any there, but I'm not spending $400+ for a folding stock. As I like to say, "I'll let you make a profit, but I'm not putting your kids through college".

• 2 weeks later...

I got the KVAR email and chuckled at the folding version for $1165 retail. Like I'm a stranger to modifying a weld here or there. Definitely will see higher prices at the next gun show, if there are any there, but I'm not spending $400+ for a folding stock. As I like to say, "I'll let you make a profit, but I'm not putting your kids through college".

chisholm trail in wichita this weekend ya goin?!

Unfortunately, no. Starting a tile laying marathon this weekend and prepping the concrete today. One in Topeka next month, may hit that one.

What a coincidence, kind of. I had to come out of tool retirement and I am setting some tile and granite zero edge on a pool project. My knees and back are excited to see it done. I hope you end up less sore than I am right now.

I hope the recent price reduction of the V12s makes the Chinese offerings get way down there in cost.

• Like 1

Well I bought it for 400. Everywhere I had seen them in stock and on auction sites everyone is wanting $650 ish which I know isn't gonna happen.

I already have a decked out saiga12, have had it for 6 years or so.   

I test fired the Catamount and although it may not be as high a quality of gun as the Saiga, it fired flawlessly out of the box with the cheapest lightest Federa target ammo I could find.  

You cant argue with success, so I am going to convert it and add it to the herd. If it wears out after a thousand rounds who cares?  That would be a lifetime of shooting for me.   I probably don't have over 500 rds through the Saiga12 I have.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

You have to be a contributor, to get this advise.

We have a great group here!

Good luck!

Look again sim, I AM a contributor. Why are you not one?

Thanks to everyone else for their helpful and not so helpful replies.

My bad.

Nice purchase! Congrats!

That is a great price!

I like to think that I contribute by my attendance and many other contributions.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

The Carolina Shooters Supply conversions are the cat's meow.  Everything fits well, and the actual tool time is about 20min and some dressing up.

VEPRs (with a polymer "railed" HG) and (the fugly) dogleg folding stock are up to about $800 NIB.  And the VEPR is the RPK chassis, not the AK (Saiga) chassis.  SO- for much less than the price of the VEPR, I have a really fun and reasonably accurate (hand-sized slug groups at 25y, standing) tool.  It isn't milspec, so I won't act like it is.  I am having fun, and the CSS rail and Magpul PG actually make it a delight to handle.

Edited by InTTruder
  • 1 month later...

I was too chicken to convert my S12 when I first got it,  and got Cobra to do it for me...    I am planning on getting the conversion parts on the catamount and doing it myself.   If I screw up am not out a bunch of money so..........