I was looking at an old Centerfire Systems ad and I have noticed that ak's were priced around 450 to 600 2 years ago now all the ak's are around 600 and up , I remember Yugo paps for 425. ish and now they are asking 500. I watched S&W ar sports sell at Ky gun co. for 519.00 all summer last year now the are 625 and up . It seems like pistol prices are staying steady and ammo , but it seems like rifles prices are going up quite a bit. I understand supply and demand , but it does not appear to me there are any shortages any ideas ? except for the fact that 1/3 of this countrys guns have been sold in the last 7 years .

What, you were seriously expecting prices to stay stagnate or go down below prior norms?

Prices returned to somewhat normal after the mind boggling Sandy Hook madness, with some prices to previous levels of sanity.

Right now I've been remarking to myself that a good AK costs more than a run of the mill AR.

But hey, it is IMO a great market right now for firearms, I just acquired another AR and have three more ARs types on my wish list.

I also want to get another AK, along with a short list of other various firearms, e.g. a .22LR/.410g or .22WMR/.20g combo.