Cherokee Sport or Comanchee are cheap options, although a nice Comanchee will cost more than a Cherokee. Both are damn near just as buildable as Wranglers, with the same drive trains as Wranglers in corresponding years. Some Cherokee Sports actually have a better rear axle (d44 or Chrysler 8.25, vs d35 found in Wranglers). There are d35's in Cherokees too but only if it has ABS.

A Blazer or Trailblazer is the same thing as the H3 and they cost less.

4x4 S10 or Ranger maybe?

• Like 1

Why put all your money into a range runner?  Consider the very old  1975-80 Chevy or Ford 3/4 ton 4 door 4X4 pickup?  Cheap.  Easy to work on.  Dents all around are character kisses.  You do not have much in it. Can get a good runner for less than $4000.  Cold A/C where you live is a good idea.

• Like 1

Also what might work for you.  Kinda small.  Strictly only for two adults.  An older 1987 Suzuki Samurai Suicide Baby Jeep.  Very popular out here in SW OR USA in the tight woods because they are so dinky.  Regional pricing.  Out here a good beater runner for less than $2500.  A very nice one indeed for less than $4000.00  Very hard to stick.  The 1987 still has the carb.  Only problem being the big big pigs might be as big as the baby Jeep.  Yeah ... we call them Jeeps but they ain't.

Toyota Tacoma will suit you well. Ridiculously reliable off road and all purpose monsters. They're hilariously easy to maintain and work on too which is great if you like fixing your own car.

toyota_akbar_isis_trucks.jpg

By that logic, why are you on an AK forum? LMFAO

You know this rifle was invented by communists and used by pretty much every terrorist group the world has ever seen. 

But you know guns are just inanimate objects, and inanimate objects have no political affiliation or mind of their own. Because you're not retarded, right? Only retarded liberals blame inanimate objects for their misuse. I'm sure you're not retarded. 

Edited by blessthefall

Also what might work for you.  Kinda small.  Strictly only for two adults.  An older 1987 Suzuki Samurai Suicide Baby Jeep.  Very popular out here in SW OR USA in the tight woods because they are so dinky.  Regional pricing.  Out here a good beater runner for less than $2500.  A very nice one indeed for less than $4000.00  Very hard to stick.  The 1987 still has the carb.  Only problem being the big big pigs might be as big as the baby Jeep.  Yeah ... we call them Jeeps but they ain't.

My first car was a Samurai. Not a bad beater car depending on how good of condition it is in to start. I got mine for free due to its poor condition but I learned stick on it and ended up selling it for all the repair money I put in. Not fast but for the use being presented sounds like it should do alright

1994-1997 Toyota landcruiser. Not too expensive to find, low maintenance if brought up on service when you get your used one and its a gas guzzling tank that puts almost everything else to shame. Its a good time to run one with these gas prices.

Seriously, you can't fuck this truck up if you tried.

1994-1997 Toyota landcruiser. Not too expensive to find, low maintenance if brought up on service when you get your used one and its a gas guzzling tank that puts almost everything else to shame. Its a good time to run one with these gas prices.

Seriously, you can't fuck this truck up if you tried.

Hell yeah, Land Cruisers are amazing if you can find one. I've seen a few online past the one million mile mark. 

Toyota Tacoma will suit you well. Ridiculously reliable off road and all purpose monsters. They're hilariously easy to maintain and work on too which is great if you like fixing your own car.

toyota_akbar_isis_trucks.jpg

By that logic, why are you on an AK forum? LMFAO

You know this rifle was invented by communists and used by pretty much every terrorist group the world has ever seen.

But you know guns are just inanimate objects, and inanimate objects have no political affiliation or mind of their own. Because you're not retarded, right? Only retarded liberals blame inanimate objects for their misuse. I'm sure you're not retarded.

Toyota makes very reliable trucks, obviously.

Blessthefall needs to leave.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

A low miles V6 S10 can be had for a  good price, and they're a nice, solid little truck.

And swapping to a SBC is done very easily.  Or even a LSx now.  Stock LSx depending on the S-series can pull mid 30mpg.

I forgot about that! An S10 with a good body and a blown motor, plus a decent junkyard small block and you'd have a hell of a little truck for cheap.