Odd. Barrels are measured from the bolt face, so basically that is a chambered action with about a 1/4" of lead/rifling.

You can see the tip of the bullet sticking out past the face of the muzzle.. I don't think it can go any shorter.

Gotta ask how a rifle like that patterns... Because it is unlikely to group.

What kind of velocity can you get out of that? Maybe a couple hundred?

• Like 3

Odd. Barrels are measured from the bolt face, so basically that is a chambered action with about a 1/4" of lead/rifling.

You can see the tip of the bullet sticking out past the face of the muzzle.. I don't think it can go any shorter.

Gotta ask how a rifle like that patterns... Because it is unlikely to group.

What kind of velocity can you get out of that? Maybe a couple hundred?

I noticed that. I would think they have to be drastically reduced powder charges. If not, muzzle flash that big would surely singe a face and hands.

Looking closer, the gas block IS on the barrel. Half of it anyway.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1

Hummm, the question was "how does it cycle? The answer is just like any other AR, you can see the gas block on the end. Now I have to agree with everyone, that is useless no accuracy, I would love to see this using a high speed camera to see if it tumbles immediately...

Sometimes the answer to why is "because I can".

As stated above, "how" is the same as any AR.  Just gonna have a crapload of fouling in the action.

Wanna impress me?  Do that with a Barrett M82.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

Hummm, the question was "how does it cycle? The answer is just like any other AR, you can see the gas block on the end. Now I have to agree with everyone, that is useless no accuracy, I would love to see this using a high speed camera to see if it tumbles immediately...

Of course it functions like any other AR. The point is that they got it to dump a mag in FA without timing issues.

• Like 1