Can anyone identify this handguard? Also, SGM 8rd mags G2G?

To backup what Chile said, here's my list in order of preference.

Range mags...

AGP over SGM.  Friends don't let friends buy Promags.  The drums may be ok, but should still be considered range mags.
Also, Korean 5 rounders work great.

Serious mags...

My favorite is still the Izhmash 8 round polymer, but the CSSpecs steel mags are awesome too.

The Izzy 8s have a weight advantage and don't have a spine to cut into the webbing of your hand during reloads.   I have short fingers so this is a real issue with me using the CSSpec mags.  I actually wrapped a section of several layers of gorilla tape across the spine where I grip them which helps. 

Also, don't rule out the factory 5 rounders as they are awesome magazines.    I like to use them as dedicated slug mags as they can fit in a pants pocket and be easily identified.   A quick side note here...Gabe Suarez has a great tip about using .308 magpul "mag pulls" on slug mags as identifiers. 

The MD Arms drum is durable and utterly reliable but very heavy and bulky.

My drum is a range toy, but others do keep them for self defense and this isn't out of line if the weight and bulk don't bother you.

The ProMag 12-round drums are actually quite good. They feed reliably and are quite compact--they stick out below the receiver about the same as the factory 5-round stick mag. Mine have been trouble-free with ammo powerful enough to cycle the gun.

I also have 2 of the MD Arms 20-round drums, and while they are reliable and seem pretty tough, they do add noticeable bulk and weight to the gun. You definitely want a vertical front grip if you run them; it makes reaching around the drum much easier.

The CSSPECS stick mags are excellent. The only caveat with them is that you may get rim lock when shooting 3" shells, but there is a follower redesign in the works that will fix that. I've had no problems with them when shooting 2.75" shells.

To backup what Chile said, here's my list in order of preference.

Range mags...

AGP over SGM.  Friends don't let friends buy Promags.  The drums may be ok, but should still be considered range mags.

Also, Korean 5 rounders work great.

Serious mags...

My favorite is still the Izhmash 8 round polymer, but the CSSpecs steel mags are awesome too.

The Izzy 8s have a weight advantage and don't have a spine to cut into the webbing of your hand during reloads.   I have short fingers so this is a real issue with me using the CSSpec mags.  I actually wrapped a section of several layers of gorilla tape across the spine where I grip them which helps. 

Also, don't rule out the factory 5 rounders as they are awesome magazines.    I like to use them as dedicated slug mags as they can fit in a pants pocket and be easily identified.   A quick side note here...Gabe Suarez has a great tip about using .308 magpul "mag pulls" on slug mags as identifiers. 

The MD Arms drum is durable and utterly reliable but very heavy and bulky.

My drum is a range toy, but others do keep them for self defense and this isn't out of line if the weight and bulk don't bother you.

IMO SGM> AGP, etc, because they are one piece. No seams screws or steel clip to get out of whack. I've had the steel feedlips pop off of the izzy 5s a few times, and I've seen AGP owners complain about that in the past. That aside,

As for your hand, get some of this:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFRX7H0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00BFWUZ2K&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NGVE1G2XXGJPX11DNHV 

or this:http://www.amazon.com/Cowles-T5602-Black-Edge-Trim/dp/B001EA0LJK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_60_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41DV2HY8QyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1Z8QEP7CH7X2M9A5DKYN 

,etc. You can get a pack of 3-4 30" sticks of this stuff for about $3.50 at most auto parts stores.

• Like 1

I now remember reading this suggestion in the past but it slipped my mind.  Thanks for taking the time to track down those links.