Best Conversion Kit?

Okay guys I'm in the market for a Saiga 12 and I think I might have found one but it's not converted... My questions are in the conversion something I might can do with little gun smith experience?  Whats the best conversion kit to buy?  does anyone have a converted 12 for sale haha.. thanks for the help...

Carolina Shooters Supply has a variety of conversion kits.

If your gun will cycle with low brass wal-mart target ammo right now, conversion is pretty simple. The only hard part is drilling out the rivets securing the old trigger guard and the cover plate where the new trigger will go. The rivets are pretty tough steel and a cheap drill bit will walk off the rivet and scar up the receiver. You'll want a cobalt bit (CSS sells one) or else something carbide. Once you get the rivets out, the hardest part is getting the bolt holdopen , the holdopen spring, hammer, and hammer spring lined up so you can get the hammer axis pin installed. It's a 4-handed job.

If it won't cycle low brass, get that sorted before doing the conversion.

• 2 weeks later...