So, Haley Strategic has a couple chest rigs out, called the D3 and D3CR-H (for heavy, .308 type mags).

Well, I found some on Ebay from a Russian seller and they are an exact knock off of the Haley Strategic rigs, for less than half the price. Made of 1000D Cordura. And they fit plate carriers that accept these type of chest rigs. 

I picked up both of them for the cost of one of Haley's (the light rig was $70 and the Heavy was $72 plus shipping). Took about a month for both of them to arrive. The seller is great with communication (as good as can be with translation limitations). The heavy version came with a brand new double hook AK sling.

xghdeq.jpg

The V12 8rd mags fit nice and snug. I'm gonna leave them in for a little bit to stretch the pouches some. 10rd factory mags fit too but if you want to use the bungee retention, you will have to untie the knot and lengthen it, no big deal.

Very nice option for anyone shopping for something along these lines.

Edit; I don't think CSSpecs S12/V12 mags will fit due to the large spine they have. 

Edited by Mullet Man

Do you have a link to a site where we can look at the goods?  Also, is he asking for US dollars or Russian currency?  I just bought a Haley but have decided to return it as the Amazon based seller sent a 5.56 size rather than a 7.62 or .308 size pouch model as ordered.  Haley's are nice but expensive.

US dollars through Paypal. He has 100% positive feedback (around 200 sales on EBAY), two positives from me.

The light rig (left in the pic) fits AK and AR mags. The Heavy rig fits .308 mags (FAL, HK, PTR etc.) and S12/V12 mags.

Edit; I do not know if 12g rock and lock mags will fit in the follower down position, due to the locking lugs on the magazines. I don't have any to test fit since I've switched to a magwell on my S12.

http://stores.ebay.com/russiantacticalgear/

He will combine shipping on multiple items too, just use the cart feature on ebay.

I wonder if he knocked off Haley's rigs, or if Haley buys from overseas and price gouges the US market. He has damn near everything that Haley Strategic offers.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1