• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello   I'm pretty impressed that Senator Cruz is an option. He's the best candidate we could have hoped for. Nothing wrong with having an honest, brilliant, small-government, Constitutionalist in

News flash..... They're ALL liars.

Chris Rock is just another racist asshole that gets away with it because of celebrity and his skin color.

I suspect the GOPe will trudge out Romney again. Any third party run the GOPe attempts, will split the vote ensuring a Hillary win IMHO. A repeat of the 1992 contest that gave us Bill Clinton, the assault weapons ban and the collapse of the Maw & Paw FFL's.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/03/01/rep-steve-king-establishment-wants-to-teach-me-a-lesson-for-supporting-ted-cruz-in-iowa/

Edited by yakdung

I hope it's Cruz but conventional wisdom says trump.

It is going to be an election between two people with the highest unfavorables.

Low turnout for Dems is the writing on the wall.

Republicans will win.

I hope so, but I'm not so certain the GOPe will allow a victory. I see this election not as a vote for Trump (would be nowhere without father Fred), but a repudiation of the current political system. Folks are simply pissed off. This current President should be in jail along with Klintoon. Get ready for Hillary and VP Chelsea and a whacked out Supreme Court if this happens. This link hits the nail.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/01/trump-wins-because-voters-lost-all-faith-in-his-critics/

• Like 1

If Trump wins on his own merits and the establishment throws the election to the dems, then I'm out of the process forever. We cannot stand as a Republic with another Traitor in the Whitehouse that continues giving our country away. I can support any of the candidates that are still on the ticket that wins fair and square.

I agree with you, but I will never give up on the process (from the south). I will always participate in some form or fashion. If the GOPe throws the election, I would like to see another march on Washington to demonstrate in mass in millions to show the inbreds running the country We The People are seeking a reset. Countries don't last forever, I just don't want to see this one collapse in my lifetime.

• Like 3

I love election time, it entertains me so much and frustrating just the same. I was at a Denny's in Texas quite a few years back. Also in there were a dozen or more pro wrestlers. The same guys that when the cameras were on are all "I'm gonna gethcha". When the cameras are off, they're all eating dinner together. I'm kinda thinking that's the way the collusive twins, the two parties, are.

In addition to that, most people that adhere to one party or the other seem to play the blame game a lot. R's blame D's for everything, D's blame R's. Classic divide and conquer. Through social engineering, the powers that be get the dissent going. You know what, wouldn't it be better to address the problems collectively rather than to sit on your ass and blame others for the problems? 

Reading through the election based threads here and on other 2a based forums, it seems rare for someone to say "yeah, I really like this guy". Much more common is "I'll vote for this person even though they're mediocre to me so that other person doesn't win". This just furthers the entrenchment of the bullshit.

I'd imagine with the demographics of the S12 forums, a lot of you will get this reference; Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

• Like 2

If trump were the nominee, and Cruz ran independent.......I may be inclined to vote for him

Cruz wouldn't do that.  But I admit it would be tempting.

I have sworn to vote against hitlery no matter what, even if that means voting for the narcissistic personality disorder.

To the OP, I'm staying out of the schoolyard name calling but evidently Rubio did lie about voting for a gun ban in city parks when he was on the Miami City Commission.  A video has surfaced showing him vote for the ban.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

After listening to the Establishment (thru Mitt Romney) lecture us like naughty little children for not getting in line with their chosen candidate, I am livid. I can't stand Trump and think he will be bad for the country, and that speech still pissed me off so much that I almost want to the Party to be obliterated (which is happening before our eyes) just so hopefully something constitutional and representational of it base takes its place. This is what Jeff Sessions and Richard Shelby received afterwards:

Dear Senator Shelby,

I have been a life-long conservative. I believe in smaller government, lower taxes, and reduced regulation so that the American people can prosper and make this country great. I have paid close attention to your voting record over the past ten years that I have lived in Alabama, and I believe that you are a true conservative. Thank you for voting on principle, even when many in your party have not. I am writing you this morning, because I am madder than hell at the Republican Party after Mitt Romney's speech this morning. How dare the Party disregard the will of the voters. This is something I would expect from the Democrats. We are not stupid, nor do we need to be lectured on how we should vote, by a party that has continually made and broken promises to its voters time and time again. We were told that in order to stop Obama's agenda, the GOP needed the House. The people gave it to you and nothing changed. Then the GOP said they needed the Senate, and we gave it to you, and nothing changed. We are tired of the broken promises. If the party continues to go down the road it is this primary season, I can promise you that it will never receive one more vote from me. I will leave the process altogether.

For the record, I am not a Trump supporter and believe that he would be as bad as Hillary Clinton if elected. I am a Ted Cruz supporter because like you, he has voted based on principle not party line, or popularity. Please communicate this to others in Washington. An enormous portion of your base shares my anger and disgust at the party, and unlike democrats, it will affect our future support and voting.

Thank you for what you have done personally for the Nation and the State of Alabama.

Sincerely,

Darek Wood

• Like 4

If Trump was smart, he would join forces with Cruz. The only problem is, the GOPe hate Cruz as much or more than Trump. I love election season I have following it ever since Goldwater lost as a kid. Kabuki theater. I'm an independent conservative part of the 1/3 of the electorate that either votes or stays home. Keep in mind, the establishment Republicans are scared shit less and afraid their gravy train is coming to an end. This should and must be broken at all costs. If not, the system is going to collapse under its own weight under 200 Trillion in dept. Spacehog thanks for writing the letter an example we should all follow. This election is different and I'm afraid will be different from anything I have witnessed in my lifetime.

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 3

I thought Mitt Romney's speech was spot on.  Will it do in good?  I doubt it.  But one can be hopeful.

Don't misunderstand me...everything Mitt Romney said I believe is true. I am no fan of Trump. However, I have a big problem with the party circumventing the process or the voters. We are in this situation precisely because the Republican Party has not listened to its voters for the last six years. I am tired of being governed and told what's best. I want to be represented! That is what Trump's appeal is and the establishment still does not get it.

• Like 4

Republicans determined to pull this stunt one more time. We The People don't mean squat as far as they are concerned. I find it interesting tons of energy and focus is

going Trumps way, but the GOPe crowd seems happy with the Hammer and Sickle crowd.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/mitt-romney-stop-trump-at-convention/index.html

• Like 1

Yes Trump is a con artist. A charlatan. A flim flam man. A snake oil salesmen.

So I do agree with Romney. But why didn't Romney attack Obama like that?

• Like 4

That's the same question I read on FB a little while ago.

You are all correct. however, that was then and this is now. His words IMO were accurate and correct. I am not for the establishment, I am for the only Conservative of the group, and that is Ted Cruz. Trump is more danger then I think anyone truly realizes. Am I angry? YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM, but I am not fooled by a 'trumped' up con artist/actor.

Edited by sjgusmc21
  • Like 1

You're right.  This is now.  And right now we are in the primary election.  Right now is the time to vote for "your guy".  But very soon it will be time to vote to keep hitlery from picking the next 4 supreme court justices.  And to keep that from happening I will vote for whoever the repulsive nominee is, whether it's "my guy" or not.

• Like 2

All the points/concerns raised in the forum are valid to the future of the nation. I don't require Mitt telling me what to do or what direction we need to vote. Trump hits a note with people bringing our voters out in record numbers. Good or bad this is drawing people into the election process, this in my opinion is a good time for people to look at what we need to build a great nation! Establishment is scare shit-less, too bad they are not scared straight...

• Like 1

Exactly.

Or Boener...or McConnell...or Ryan. The best vitriol of the GOP seems to be saved for those in the Republican party that don't fall in line with the RINO establishment.

If the same speech given today had been given for the last six years about the current lawless POTUS, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 2