So after some discussion on the "other" forum, I reached out to Buffer Tech and was sent some product samples, their .308 couplers. They call them their "m14 style"

I was looking for something rock solid that would work for all makes and lengths of mags, and reasonably easy to get on and off.

This seems to fit the bill. Haven't tested live fire yet, but the fit and solidity is impressive. I did push-ups on the factory mags, and they didn't flex one bit.

Here in the next week, I will test fire and video torture test them to make sure they don't compromise feeding, or wether or not they need a shell stop, etc.

One thing is for sure though, I like having 24- 30 rounds at my disposal.

For those getting sick or waiting for the SGM drums, this could be a game changer.

Take a look:

post-50814-0-45314700-1458082008_thumb.jpg

post-50814-0-29759700-1458082035_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

That's correct. The coupler is so damn sturdy that it makes a nice solid square block that you can do push-ups on. Now I wouldn't hold them by the ends and do that... That's just asking for trouble. I never did get around to finishing that video. I got sidelined with so many other projects... But the push-ups on coupled factory mags are seen in my intro music on episodes 7 and 8. I might finish the vid one day...

• 8 months later...