Anyone removed gas block on 20?

I want to get my 20 to run on Federal bird shot. I have 3 holes that I can see. I want to enlarge the holes or open up the gas block hole if some are covered. Has anyone done this yet that can help me. Well I pulled the trigger and pulled gas block off (It came off easy!). I have 3 holes which ate approximately 1/16. Any suggestions one how much bigger to make them? My gun cycles slugs but does not kick the shell out on the bird shot. The case usually ends up getting crushed by the feed hood

Edited by mpdfish

It's real hard to get too much gas on an S20. 100% on the 5 smaller holes better that less bigger ones. I believe 5 around .072 seems like the number but do some more research. The 20gauge is by far the most difficult to get running on cheap birdshot. Keep reading the threads her, plenty of hints/suggestions to get you going!

+3 on 5 holes.

You can always start very small, and drill up in size. IMO that's the way to find the perfect size anyway. Go to an industrial tool supply. $5 will get you 4 or so bits in small sizes. The letter and numbered bits fill in the steps.

• 3 weeks later...

Does your bolt close fully when you slowly let it close or does it stop just before full battery?

I did everything to get my 20 to run on cheap Wally bulk birdshot and finally got it.

Take the bolt apart and cut half a coil off the extractor spring. It should close effortlessly now and you shouldn't run into any issues of it not ejecting the shell.

*do this at your own discretion as I am not a gunsmith I just did what worked for me *

• 5 weeks later...