Photo
- - - - -

Do you think ATF has a sense of humor???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 6500rpm

6500rpm

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

I don't know if ATF has a sense of humor, or I'm the luckiest guy on the planet, but I received my approved form 1 stamp on my Birthday three months and a few weeks after they received it.beer.gif   I need to call and see the status on the form 4 that went out in the same package but it can't be far behind.  ATF actually signed off on it almost three weeks prior to me receiving it...

• Jeaux E, Gary, XdamagedX and 4 others like this

#2 Gary

Gary

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

CONGRATS!  Personally, I've never had to process any of those forms (my collection are all plain-jane).... but your experience sounds very encouraging.

• Mike Rogers likes this

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

"Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun!"

Posted Image

#3 6500rpm

6500rpm

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

Gary, from the cards that you've show, YOUR COLLECTION IS FAR FROM PLAIN JANE. Called ATF today and the form 4 also cleared on the 3rd, so Friday I'm betting on being able to free my can from NFA jail. If your state permits it and you have a CLEO like mine, the process for a form 1 or 4 is very simple. I'm betting there's a HK clone just dying inside to be releasedwink.png

• Gary, read_the_wall and GunFun like this

#4 6500rpm

6500rpm

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

Oddly enough, the form 4 was posted marked the day of my birthday and my S/N contains my birth year.

Attached Files

• read_the_wall, W8lifter and poolingmyignorance like this

#5 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

Gary's state won't let him do a form 1. However he can have a class II SOT in state or out of state do it.

#6 Netpackrat

Netpackrat

Raw Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:55 AM

I thought the WA problem with SBRs had been fixed recently by the legislature?

#7 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:04 AM

We have SBRs, just not individual form 1 ability until 6/9/16. Almost amusing considering the absurd level of panic about the trust changes at the federal level which kick on 7/14/16. They suck, but things are far from over.

http://apps.leg.wa.g...=6165&year=2015

#8 HB of CJ

HB of CJ

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

They may.  Years ago I had a Form 1 on a Saiga 12 SBS that I decided I was going to instead sell, (still have that S12 NIB by the way!) and NOT SBS and I wrote the BATFE (again, it seems) and they informed me in just 3 weeks that since I had not whacked the barrel yet I could ask to have the S12 SBS removed from the NFA rolls.  So I did.  Mailed back the original Form 1 tax stamp with the request.  Even got my $200 bucks back!  I was asked to destroy any Form 1 tax stamp copies.  I did.  There was a handwritten note stating that if the barrel had already been cut back just keep cutting on it until it is then legally long enough.  Complete with a happy face.  Yep. 

#9 mike123456

mike123456

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

They seem like nice enough people even though they owe me money.

I'm expecting treasury check any day now... for months
There can be no free speech, no freedom of the press, no freedom to protest, no freedom to worship your god, no freedom to speak your mind, no freedom from fear, no freedom for your children and for theirs, for anybody, anywhere without the Second Amendment. The freedom to fight for it. - Charlton Heston

#10 mike123456

mike123456

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

They do approve my stuff quickly but refunds are a different story.
There can be no free speech, no freedom of the press, no freedom to protest, no freedom to worship your god, no freedom to speak your mind, no freedom from fear, no freedom for your children and for theirs, for anybody, anywhere without the Second Amendment. The freedom to fight for it. - Charlton Heston

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users