Photo
- - - - -

Do you think ATF has a sense of humor???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 6500rpm

6500rpm

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

I don't know if ATF has a sense of humor, or I'm the luckiest guy on the planet, but I received my approved form 1 stamp on my Birthday three months and a few weeks after they received it.beer.gif   I need to call and see the status on the form 4 that went out in the same package but it can't be far behind.  ATF actually signed off on it almost three weeks prior to me receiving it...

• Jeaux E, Gary, XdamagedX and 4 others like this

#2 Gary

Gary

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

CONGRATS!  Personally, I've never had to process any of those forms (my collection are all plain-jane).... but your experience sounds very encouraging.

• Mike Rogers likes this

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

"Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun!"

Posted Image

#3 6500rpm

6500rpm

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

Gary, from the cards that you've show, YOUR COLLECTION IS FAR FROM PLAIN JANE. Called ATF today and the form 4 also cleared on the 3rd, so Friday I'm betting on being able to free my can from NFA jail. If your state permits it and you have a CLEO like mine, the process for a form 1 or 4 is very simple. I'm betting there's a HK clone just dying inside to be releasedwink.png

• Gary, read_the_wall and GunFun like this

#4 6500rpm

6500rpm

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

Oddly enough, the form 4 was posted marked the day of my birthday and my S/N contains my birth year.

Attached Files

• read_the_wall, W8lifter and poolingmyignorance like this

#5 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

Gary's state won't let him do a form 1. However he can have a class II SOT in state or out of state do it.

#6 Netpackrat

Netpackrat

Raw Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:55 AM

I thought the WA problem with SBRs had been fixed recently by the legislature?

#7 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:04 AM

We have SBRs, just not individual form 1 ability until 6/9/16. Almost amusing considering the absurd level of panic about the trust changes at the federal level which kick on 7/14/16. They suck, but things are far from over.

http://apps.leg.wa.g...=6165&year=2015

#8 HB of CJ

HB of CJ

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

They may.  Years ago I had a Form 1 on a Saiga 12 SBS that I decided I was going to instead sell, (still have that S12 NIB by the way!) and NOT SBS and I wrote the BATFE (again, it seems) and they informed me in just 3 weeks that since I had not whacked the barrel yet I could ask to have the S12 SBS removed from the NFA rolls.  So I did.  Mailed back the original Form 1 tax stamp with the request.  Even got my $200 bucks back!  I was asked to destroy any Form 1 tax stamp copies.  I did.  There was a handwritten note stating that if the barrel had already been cut back just keep cutting on it until it is then legally long enough.  Complete with a happy face.  Yep. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users