Hellacious trigger slap with V12 and box stock G2...

See if your carrier is hitting the top of the hook. If so, clearance the top of the hook. Easy peasy. It can also happen in another area, but this is the most likely.

• Like 2

The hammer may be "resetting" harshly on the disconnector as well. This happens when the trigger group is rotated too far forward and the hammer hits the disconnect squarely with the carrier reset. Pics would be helpful as well.

• Like 1

I have never experienced trigger slap with any AK. And I have had a bunch of them. I almost want to just to have knowledge of the malfunction. GF, do you know why the hook would be striking the carrier? Something out of spec? Isnt the hook on the V12 trigger particularly thin to begin with?

OP, If you want the ALG I have quite a bit of experience fitting them to the V12. And it is an awesome upgrade. You will need to remove quite a bit of material from the hammer though...

Edited by VforVandetta

One size fits all parts made for hundreds of models of loosely built guns.

First AK variant I shot was an RPK with a US trigger in it, probably Tapco G1. It was wicked, and would leave your finger numb and stingy each shot. Like a rope snapped and hit your finger, or you didn't throw a small firecracker in time. This is part of the reason I was reluctant to mess with tapco triggers on my first conversion. Now I know what to clear so if there was interference, I would fix it.

Yea, I don't know if it is coincidence or good design, but the ALG in the Vepr 12 is beyond outstanding for the money once fitted and the hammer is properly profiled (the v12 requires a particularly low hammer profile, lower even than the S12). It is a one stage trigger with .168" of total travel, ZERO over travel, and a 1.75# pull(you can also increase this by installing an included spring if you like).

4range sells a pre-fitted one that works in the saiga 12 and vepr 12 which just requires the end user to profile the hammer. And I have a discount code.

I've got the AKT already. I'll just mirror the factory hammer profile as best as possible. Thanks for the info.

1.75lb pull? Damn, that's 1lb lighter than the AKT in my 107cr. Why would it be so much less?

• Like 1

I've got the AKT already. I'll just mirror the factory hammer profile as best as possible. Thanks for the info.

1.75lb pull? Damn, that's 1lb lighter than the AKT in my 107cr. Why would it be so much less?

Yup, I have measured. I am running a JTE mainspring. That might be it. I tried the ALG mainspring, and it was quite nearly impossible to install because of the extra coils....also results in about 3.25# pull. Never had a factory mainspring with this gun, let us know what the pull is with that if thats what you use. evlblkwpnz had asked me at one time. 

To profile the hammer I hope you have a legit file or bench grinder or belt sander. That is some seriously hard material they used. Tool grade steel and very nicely heat treated. I tried using a regular file at first and it was taking foooooorrrreeevvver.

• 2 months later...

Like a rope snapped and hit your finger, or you didn't throw a small firecracker in time.

Sounds like a man of mischief and experience.

But those ALG are the bomb, not A bomb, just good.....

Like a rope snapped and hit your finger, or you didn't throw a small firecracker in time.

I done some things.  

Actually I am often the guy advocating caution. I'll do dangerous stuff but I will step back, watch and find the best way to do it first. Sometimes the best way doesn't work: i.e. cheap Chinese fuses run faster in one cracker than the several thousand similar ones you've tossed over the years. Open gloved hand means it was not a contained blast, so I kept the digits and an unpleasant bruise. NBD

I done some things.  

Actually I am often the guy advocating caution. I'll do dangerous stuff but I will step back, watch and find the best way to do it first. Sometimes the best way doesn't work: i.e. cheap Chinese fuses run faster in one cracker than the several thousand similar ones you've tossed over the years. Open gloved hand means it was not a contained blast, so I kept the digits and an unpleasant bruise. NBD

10-4 good point, as the Fourth is coming soon. The best fireworks I've ever found were on Washington Reservations.

But to stay on track, I have an ALG in an AR pistol I just built, and going to get one for my Vepr that hasn't even been delivered.