There are very few items I really want but since I was young I've always wanted a Belgian Browning High Power.  The one Gary posted a while back really got me going but unfortunately I can't justify it at the moment.  (Gary, if you ever decide to sell it let me know first!)

Doug

• Like 3

Picking up an XD Mod2 .45 on Saturday that's been on the list a while.

Got a good deal, Sportsmans Supply has been dumping them on Gunbroker.

Still thinking of a PTR-32 and maybe a piston AR.

ETA: Forgot that I should really get a couple of csspecs S-12 mags too.

Also need mags for some rifles.

Edited by Spartacus

I have a "bucket list" of weapons and my wants are quite simple. I should probably be ashamed of them being so common, but eh.

M14 (or exact equivalent in an M1A1 ). Was taught in basic to love that rifle and I still do. Humped an FAL around for a time but still love the M14.

1911. Plain old GI 1911.

Thinking about a pre ban Steyr AUG I was offered but just can't get excited about it.

And if I get one fantasy, GM6 Lynx.

Front-burner items:

1:  458 SOCOM pistol upper. Tromix has a 10.5" upper ready to go, but I'll be getting the parts & assembling it the way I like.

2: Ruger Precision Rifle, probably in 6.5 CM. 

Indeterminate future:

3: 5" full-underlug pre-lock 629. To my eye, this is a just about perfectly proportioned DA revolver.

4: Maybe a .20 practical upper.

Some day:

5: SSG82

6: Something in 338 Lapua, assuming I ever get good enough with RPR 6.5 that I want more 'reach'.

7: Phillips & Rodgers M47 Medusa

8: SVD

Edited by Hawk451

Grand Power Stribog S9

Dangit, why do I keep looking up these wants?? I'm gonna need to sell my wallet now.

It looks very smooth. Locked breach? Surely not rotating barrel like their pistols...

Of all the different firearms out there, I'd honestly say my collection would be damn near complete if I could get my hands on the following:

Remington 700

S&W M&P15II

Wilson Combat Beretta 92

Springfield M1A

Colt Python

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't stop at just those firearms, as there are tons of other options out there, but this list will keep me busy for awhile.

I've seen some Colt Pythons for absurd prices. My dad has one and it's fairly nice, but my Ruger GP100 has a slightly better trigger, better cylinder release, much better price , and I just like it more overall. I guess it's more about the mystique.

You hit it on the head about the mystique factor because I haven't even shot one...looks great on the Walking Dead though.

On a serious note, I've really heard nothing but great things about the python. Too bad they discontinued it.

They have a reputation for being a finicky revolver with very complex maintenance as the trigger components wear. i.e. only a couple smiths are known for doing a good job on the trigger bits, and they charge a mint. Basically they don't hold up as well as the S&W guns.