i have been scoping out guns like alwasy on webstores, and it just kills me when anyone writes a review with out shooting the gun.  i mean its like i was to go on speedymetals.com, order some aluminum up and then jump on hte web and say how the cuts looked good, and maybe someday i will use it.  i mean seriously, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!!?!???!?!?  how can you review something if you havent used it? this is a great wrench, 5 stars.  oh gee, i actually used it and it snapped in half, now what?!?!?!?!?!? holy balls!!!!

best gun ever! i may shoot next week, only if weathers nice,  the Moon is waning, and Uranus is waxing!!

Edited by saltydecimator
  • Like 2

Then there is Atlantic which will indeed delete negative reviews so I wouldn't put a dime into anything on any of them.

Well, thanks for that. Stored for future reference.

Most websites send out a review request email at about 5 days after shipping. So people fill out the form like they are leaving ebay feedback.[/quote

That makes sense, still, my routine is, pick up gun one day, shoot within 2 days...but everyone's sitch is diff I guess...

Reviews are super important on any given website, typically just to let me know its a legit place, ie someone else determined they were worthy of business....

Most websites send out a review request email at about 5 days after shipping. So people fill out the form like they are leaving ebay feedback.

Ebay feedback is deliberately rigged to make negative feedback a hassle and solicit positive feedback before receipt of the item. It's a huge peeve of mine. When ebay was new, the feedback was pretty sensible. Amazon  has done this too.

• Like 1

Unfortunately "reviews" are a large part of what we have to go on, which means any hint of indiscretion must necessarily invalidate them all unless you know the source well.

I've seen uncounted people give ammo five stars just because it went bang all the time. Useful a bit but five stars???

Wont say how I learned this the hard way...

Youtube reviews have more credibility as they are far less anonymous and some measure of accountability limited as it may be. Online vendor review piles have little of this.

The best is from guys like you in places like this, we all suffer from Fullofshititis from time to time but it almost always gets called for what it is and we correct ourselves.

That is priceless.

• Like 1

i have been scoping out guns like alwasy on webstores, and it just kills me when anyone writes a review with out shooting the gun.  i mean its like i was to go on speedymetals.com, order some aluminum up and then jump on hte web and say how the cuts looked good, and maybe someday i will use it.  i mean seriously, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!?!!?!???!?!?  how can you review something if you havent used it? this is a great wrench, 5 stars.  oh gee, i actually used it and it snapped in half, now what?!?!?!?!?!? holy balls!!!!

best gun ever! i may shoot next week, only if weathers nice,  the Moon is waning, and Uranus is waxing!!

I've seen those pointless reviews as well and thought the same thing.

Don't remember what gun it was but saw one of those reviews on Bud's.

"Haven't shot it yet, but it's awesome!"   what.gif

Well I hate to mention the Unmentionable One but that is why I will watch and pay a bit of heed to guys like Nutin Fancy, he shows his entire process and actually uses the gear.

May not agree with his conclusions, that is fine, but I know his process of coming to it.

He also tends to show warts and all even if he dismisses some I find important still I can see the info.

Then there are guys like Hickock45 that have more common sense and experience than the law allows and just makes it a bit of fun. 

All these types of guys including some here are the ones that make reviews worth the effort to listen.

• Like 1

Amazon  has done this too.

I shop Amazon a lot and I leave negative feedback when justified.  The only time I've had my feedback rejected was when I went on a rant about the price of an item I didn't buy.