• 2 weeks later...

It's also a proprietary upper receiver to accommodate the AK mags.  You can't just purchase a lower to slap on your AR x39 upper.  They did say they will offer parts (receivers) separately in the future.  Saw that on B-ARF.com from PSA's rep there.  No timeline given though.  My guess is around a year.  I'm thinking of redoing one of my x39 AR's to that configuration if their quality holds up and these get good reviews.  Time will tell though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, what about it, other than its actually in-stock?

Only thing I really like about it is that it uses AK mags.

Needs a reliable piston driven action.

Just my $0.02

It's also a proprietary upper receiver to accommodate the AK mags.  You can't just purchase a lower to slap on your AR x39 upper.  They did say they will offer parts (receivers) separately in the future.  Saw that on B-ARF.com from PSA's rep there.  No timeline given though.  My guess is around a year.  I'm thinking of redoing one of my x39 AR's to that configuration if their quality holds up and these get good reviews.  Time will tell though.

You all mention a standard lower and a gas piston set up?  It's being done.  I own one.  Black Rifle Arms upper (Short stroke gas piston, ala SKS, FAL, HK 416).  It's accurate and it works.  NiB bolt carrier, standard carbine buffer.

gallery_33361_710_1941920.jpg

• Like 1