Occasionally a thread pops up, most often by Chile, that are of one the best subjects... Food. It occurred to me that this could be an ongoing thread.

For this evening's dinner (plus leftovers for sammiches) I put two small pork loin roasts in the smoker at 200° at 9:30 this morning, rubbed with coarse Kosher salt and pepper and smoked with apple wood chunks. When they hit 180°, perfection. They'll go fine with some crock-pot beans I did a couple days ago. Too late for the plating pictures that Chile seems to be so good at. I'll try to do better in the future.

Let's see yours, and let the drooling commence! 

post-23857-0-54414900-1460243641_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

He, errrr.... She.... Whatever...  Went back in the pond for someone else to catch later.

Too big, anything over 10#s gets a little coarse and less flavorful, that and it is pay by the pound and that would be a $54. fish.

We keep fish between 2-10#s for fillets, and usually take home 25-35#s of whole fish.

• Like 2

When I saw that pic and you saying I know what's for dinner tonight, I thought is he is pulling another April Fools prank or he is the best chef on the planet to make that thing taste good smile.png

Yeah, the big ones are not good table fare, but the smaller ones here are exceptional for pond raised cats.

One neat thing about these ponds are the variety in sizes, fish from .5 to 40+ pounds.

You people do understand that I am back on my half ration diet don't you?  Not fair at all.  Somebody told somebody who told me somebody had a wild hen turkey suddenly get lead poisoning from a Ruger 10-22 and asked if wild hen turkeys are good to eat?  If sossss .... just for discussion, how would one go about preparing such for a wild half ration dinner?  All theoretical of course.  :)

• Like 3

You people do understand that I am back on my half ration diet don't you?  Not fair at all.  Somebody told somebody who told me somebody had a wild hen turkey suddenly get lead poisoning from a Ruger 10-22 and asked if wild hen turkeys are good to eat?  If sossss .... just for discussion, how would one go about preparing such for a wild half ration dinner?  All theoretical of course.  :)

I probably prepare a half ration of Wild Turkey Cordon Bleu, theoretically.

• Like 1

May i ask why you went with center loin roast and not a ribeye? Actually looking at your pic I'm guessing you have 1 center roast and 1 ribeye.

I'm guessing you either bought a whole pork loin. Froze half and cut and grilled the ribeye half. Or you just bought 1 center roast and 1 ribeye.

Judging by what I see. I conclude you are having both male and female guests over. Or just you and female partner. Center roast for females....ribeye for males. You're cooking for 4-6 people. Or 2 hungry people plus leftovers. Is anything I'm saying correct?

Edited by Yugopap4me
  • Like 1

May i ask why you went with center loin roast and not a ribeye? Actually looking at your pic I'm guessing you have 1 center roast and 1 ribeye.

I'm guessing you either bought a whole pork loin. Froze half and cut and grilled the ribeye half. Or you just bought 1 center roast and 1 ribeye.

It's simply a loin with the ends used for roasts. I cut out 20 boneless chops from the middle. The loin was $16.75 and will make 14-15 meals. The longer end of the roast, in the picture was sliced for sandwiches, about a pound and a half worth.

Beef short ribs being smoked tomorrow.

• Like 1

My friend. The two ends of a pork loin are a center roast and a ribeye eye roast. Everything in the middle are boneless center loin chops/center roasts and are very lean. I was correct! Must be a first on this site ; )

That being said. Those are some of the best cooked roasts I've seen

Edited by Yugopap4me
  • Like 1

Beef ribs? Bone in or boneless? ETA...short ribs. You answered my own question. Lol. I always try and advertise boneless ribs. Bone in ribs are literally throwaway items that are marked up because "ribs" are in fad. You are literally paying for mostly bone. A ribeye steak has the same amount of meat for cheaper. Boneless ribs are actually from the shoulder but have great flavor for a lot cheaper. Blade roasts, flat iron steaks, are the best cut of beef hands down for the price. 2nd best marbled and tender cut of beef for the cheapest price

Edited by Yugopap4me
  • Like 1

Beef ribs? Bone in or boneless? ETA...short ribs. You answered my own question. Lol. I always try and advertise boneless ribs. Bone in ribs are literally throwaway items that are marked up because "ribs" are in fad. You are literally paying for mostly bone. A ribeye steak has the same amount of meat for cheaper. Boneless ribs are actually from the shoulder but have great flavor for a lot cheaper. Blade roasts, flat iron steaks, are the best cut of beef hands down for the price. 2nd best marbled and tender cut of beef for the cheapest price

I didn't "pay" for them. Got 'em off the hoof, so.....

I've also been called a lot worse things than friend. On here even. haha.gif haha.gif

• Like 1

Good deal then! I'm very educated in meat...no homo. So it makes me a little upset when I see people being ripped off for either misleading labeling, fads, etc. you did very well though. Both in purchase price and cooking the final product.

Meet meat... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/

• Like 1