I haven't posted in a while so I was wondering if you could have only  one gun what would it be [ I didn't say one gun safe  ] . If you could only have one what would you choose ? I think I would go with my Ruger M77 mk2 in .270 . it's probably not the best choice but it shoots pretty well for me .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a "one gun only" situation, I don't think I'd ever pick a handgun over a rifle/carbine.

Dis one...  

Or dis.   Which compass direction is Hillary giving a speech to her dumbass supporters at now.   Sorry they got to bulls**t so long before actually firing it though.     And I still woul

Posted Images

Probably not a choice shared by others.  All things considered.  Only ONE firearm?  My hand built and tuned 100% stock Inland "Trigger Pak" USGI M2 Carbine.  Works for me.  May not work for others.  All Oregon, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

My 8" AR pistol in .300 Blackout. Light and handy enough to carry around, short enough to be handy for HD, and a decent manstopper or deer killer out to 200-300 yards or so.

In a SHTF scenario, or if sanity ever prevailed over the NFA, I'd probably replace the Sig brace with a LWRC UCIW ultra-compact stock. It's about an inch shorter than a standard carbine stock when both are fully collapsed.

I believe the original question could also be restated to ask ... "If you had to lose control of all your guns except one and some ammo and load out accessories, which one firearm would you like to have with your person and then have all the others along with that value lost to you forever."

Excellent first question.  Which one firearm would you go to?  This means all the other guns would be gone.  Not accessible.  Stolen.  Taken.  Used by other non good guys.  A failure in our security arrangements.  Which one firearm?  Think it through.  Changes lots of things.  Yikes!  :)

My Saiga-12, anything I need to do, can be done with the right load in a shotgun.

My heart agrees, or vepr 12, etc. But my head says it would be a 10-12 shot 9mm concealable pistol. If I can only have one, that's the most important.

• Like 1

Are we talking just one gun as it is without spare parts? If no spare parts I'll take an imported AK. If I can have spare parts I'll have an AR with a quality BCG and barrel. The weight, accuracy, and ergonomics of the AR are hard to deny.

• Like 4

As much as I love my AK's, it would be an AR hands down (assuming we are talking SHTF, TEOTWAWKI) and I still lived in America. If I were in Europe it would be an AK hands down. All about serviceability and access to spare parts / ammunition in my mind.

• Like 3

An AR can be a pistol, a carbine, a rifle, a precision long range rifle...

It can be any of dozens of calibers from 22lr to 450socom, 50 Beowulf....

I cant think of any firearm as adaptable to so many roles, or as ready available parts and ammo

From civilians to military to the feds or local law enforcement, it is the go to firearm.

But I recommend not being limited to one 

• Like 2

I see some folks are taking this as a modified "If you only have time to grab one firearm what would it be?" question. We have all seen this thousands of times.

Some are treating it as if a law was passed and enforced that a person could only have one firearm without stating so but the choices and such imply it.

The two are not even close to reconcilable and situations left totally to imagination.

For the first implies an emergency and something evil this way has come. It is common and assumed that was the intent of the matter.

The second is surprising as it is interpretation of an event not described. No emergency just picking ones sole firearm, my question is have we changed so much in these last years? 

Just an observation not a judgement.

• Like 2

I see some folks are taking this as a modified "If you only have time to grab one firearm what would it be?" question. We have all seen this thousands of times.

Some are treating it as if a law was passed and enforced that a person could only have one firearm without stating so but the choices and such imply it.

The two are not even close to reconcilable and situations left totally to imagination.

For the first implies an emergency and something evil this way has come. It is common and assumed that was the intent of the matter.

The second is surprising as it is interpretation of an event not described. No emergency just picking ones sole firearm, my question is have we changed so much in these last years? 

yNlQWRM.jpg?fb

Or dis. 032.gif

Which compass direction is Hillary giving a speech to her dumbass supporters at now. 010.gif

Sorry they got to bulls**t so long before actually firing it though. dry.png

And I still would like to know what Veronika is firing here? unsure.png

post-88-0-74726800-1460503319_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

yNlQWRM.jpg?fb

image.png

• Like 1

Just the thought makes my head hurt.... Either my M92 or Glock 34. One is fun and somewhat concealable and accurate at distance, one is concealable and wouldn't make me a target walking down the street by the above logic. A suppressed short barrel AR would also fit the bill nicely.  Damn, that's three....