• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a "one gun only" situation, I don't think I'd ever pick a handgun over a rifle/carbine.

Dis one...  

Or dis.   Which compass direction is Hillary giving a speech to her dumbass supporters at now.   Sorry they got to bulls**t so long before actually firing it though.     And I still woul

Posted Images

If you are thinking in some apocalyptic 1984/ red dawn scenario, I think you are more likely to need to conceal a gun when the secret police come than to have to make a stand off.  A rifle can't do what a pistol can, but a pistol can sorta do most of what a rifle can.

While I understand why many would want to conceal, a standard hand gun can't take a deer or other game at 200 yards, won't defeat body armor, and doesn't have the capacity or barrier penetration that a 5.56 AR or AK does. Remember the Hollywood bank robbery back in the 90's. I would not want to be in the position of trying to defend myself with a handgun while someone is opening up on me with an AK. JMHO and personal preference.

• Like 2

I agree with some of the other posts -  If there were a one gun only law  --   -- Since "gun" is the receiver, I'd take an AR lower with .22, .223, .300 Blackout, 7.62x39, and .50 Beo rifle uppers, plus a few pistol uppers as well.  Ought to pretty much cover it.   Even heard there is now a .410   AR upper, I'll  take one of those too.  That's after the boating accident  of course where everything else was tragically lost.

• Like 1

In a "one gun only" situation, I don't think I'd ever pick a handgun over a rifle/carbine.

I'll take conceal carry over open carry. Its much more versatile. Unless you plan on carrying a tennis racket case everywhere you go.

In a 'one gun only' situation, I'm not going to be too worried about concealing it. We'd be well past that point. At that point, it's going to be maximum fire power, capacity and range.

To each their own

In a "one gun only" situation, I don't think I'd ever pick a handgun over a rifle/carbine.

I'll take conceal carry over open carry. Its much more versatile. Unless you plan on carrying a tennis racket case everywhere you go.

In a 'one gun only' situation, I'm not going to be too worried about concealing it. We'd be well past that point. At that point, it's going to be maximum fire power, capacity and range.

To each their own

I think I'm invisioning a different scenario than most of you. In a post apocalyptic world, yeah I want an AK too. I can't imagine that happening and not grabbing a side arm. I'm looking at this like some weird law gets passed where it's only legal to own one firearm but society continues fairly normally.

To each their own

I think I'm invisioning a different scenario than most of you. In a post apocalyptic world, yeah I want an AK too. I can't imagine that happening and not grabbing a side arm. I'm looking at this like some weird law gets passed where it's only legal to own one firearm but society continues fairly normally.

Like I said. ;)

I know what "gun" I'm keepin'... Semper Fi...

And the sad.png thing is that Pvt. Pyle and and the rest of the recruits are free to take their guns in either head in today's PC military. 031.gif 

Edited by Gaddis

I am not saying someone is going to take your gun lets just use our imagination and say we are poor or divorced [ no you cant shoot her ] or old , or giving them to your children etc. and you decide to keep one gun what would you choose ?

Conceal carry is too important for me to give up.

An AK would be my first pick if I had to have only one...

But just to throw out another few affordable firearms that are reliable with a great track record of handling high round counts that I'd hate to part with:

Beretta 92FS/M9

Remington 870

Mossberg 500

Any Glock

Any Smith and Wesson revolver

While that is true, it took a high round count before the beretta slides started to fail though. It's not like these slides were cracking after just a few magazines.My 92FS has a flawless track record with hundreds upon hundreds of rounds. I trust that gun as much as any of the other guns I mentioned, so yeah I'd really hate to give it up.