IZ 433 Mag Release Spring

I decided to parkerize my IZ433 and S410. I got all of them put together except the mag release spring on the 433. I was wondering if anyone had any neat tricks for getting in there to hold the legs straight while pressing the lever down and driving the pin through while only using two hands. She's a stubborn one.

Use a hex wrench small enough to slide freely through pin holes, and assemble the mag catch and spring using the hex wrench instead of the pin. Then drive the pin into place, displacing the hex wrench as you go. It's a lot easier than trying to hold the catch, spring, hammer, punch, and pin simultaneously.

• Like 1

It is different with a magwell.

Make a slightly smaller diameter slave pin that fits through the mag catch lugs and the catch only that will allow the magwell to be easily placed over them.

Get the catch and spring in place with the slave pin.

Get the magwell in place with everything holding it except the pin at the catch location.

You can proceed two ways from this point:

(1) Carefully start driving in the original mag catch pin while driving the slave pin out.

(2) Use a long enough punch to drive the slave pin out and drive the original mag catch pin in.

Be patient. You may need to check alignment periodically. It helps to have a little chamfer on at least one end of the slave pin so it compensates for some degree of misalignment of the parts as you drive it through..

• Like 2