Any news on the DOUBLE STACK MAGS or did I miss it???

Mike,

Thanks for the news, as difficult as it is.

This is my tag for creating a thoughtful response...thinking somewhere in there will be the thought you underestimated the market potential of the existing Saiga 12 base. Richard Lage continues pumping out great things for the MAC submachineguns, and the window for that platform closed in May 1986.

Best wishes for you success, and thanks for what you do provide for us.

JohnnyE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So.. Have any thoughts on a per unit licensing fee since you're not going to be making them?   If they work by your statement and you likely have the 3D drawings which could be reversed out.. Natura

My take.. there are currently enough S12s, and S12 clones for this project to take off with great success.   Over the past few years, MD Arms 20 round drums have just gotten better and better. Not a

A response and update is long over due and I apologize for that.   A number of reasons have prevented the production of the double stacks over the years. From fears of import studies by Obama's AT

So.. Have any thoughts on a per unit licensing fee since you're not going to be making them?

If they work by your statement and you likely have the 3D drawings which could be reversed out.. Naturally the market is rather slack and the investment cost is likely too high for injection molds, hand transfer steel stamping does not have the profit margins of plastic but the tooling is fairly reasonable to do in house..

Contact me if you want to talk numbers.

• Like 11

I think a steel magazine would be awesome actually. I'll PM you shortly. Not much wrong with hand transfer. Progressive is pretty awesome though! More expense and complication though...

I do have cad drawings from Solidworks. It has a sheet metal program in it but honestly I don't know how to use Solidworks myself.

• Like 8

Dreams...possibly coming true......what is happening? Been lurking years.....such happiness at this news. Wow. Will they clear factory style folders? I know it's too early to ask, but I asked back then when it was still new developments....so happy right now ha ha ha. News! Awesome. I've never lost hope.

• Like 1

WOW!!!  Been away for awhile tending to life.  Just finalized a 9 year old request for increase in VA disability. They approved my increase and sent my back pay.  So imagine my surprise when I logged on and saw Mike's letter and  Cspecs response.  I have been waiting to place an order from Cspecs until I had the cash.  Now that I do I'm ready to pull the trigger and too toss my 2 cents into the ring, it would be most awesome and acceptable if they were to reach an agreement with MD Arms to produce the Saiga dbl stack.  

• Like 2

I think a steel magazine would be awesome actually. I'll PM you shortly. Not much wrong with hand transfer. Progressive is pretty awesome though! More expense and complication though...

I do have cad drawings from Solidworks. It has a sheet metal program in it but honestly I don't know how to use Solidworks myself.

It's like when Horace Smith met Daniel Wesson

• Like 1

Kind of makes me regret going to a magwell on my S12 so I could use V12 mags. I knew I'd kick myself when (if) this day came.

Heres to hoping a long neck version comes out for magwell guns.

First things first though. Commence with the epic collaboration.

• Like 2

Kind of makes me regret going to a magwell on my S12 so I could use V12 mags. I knew I'd kick myself when (if) this day came.

Sounds like it may be a good excuse to try the KS-12 or find a clean S12.

• Like 1

Mr. Smith, meet Mr. Wesson....

This sounds like a case of synergy! A joint project by someone who can make polymer work and someone who can make metal work - looks like that bit of green I have been saving just might have someplace to go!

• Like 3

i mean if CSSPECS gonna do it who cares right?  most of the risk is gone, unless its a terrible executed product (not gonna happen) and the worst that could happen is MD gets bad press  outta that???  sorry not trying to bring on the negative waves, just thinking through...

and it appears to me like we gonna have a bunch of saiga type shotguns around now,  granted i dont see the interest like there used to be, but thats guns in general, folks are sick of the perpetual scarcity of stuff.  so gonna be a market. 

as far as im concerned, this is a match made in heaven, CSSPECS not looking to retire on one product, wants to sell metal products, MD just wants to entrust his (current???@!?!?!!?!?!?)( bring on some new stuff!!!)) baby to a competent manufacturer, we the keyboard commandos want to purchase big beefy manly mags!!! 

• Like 1

My take.. there are currently enough S12s, and S12 clones for this project to take off with great success.

Over the past few years, MD Arms 20 round drums have just gotten better and better. Not a lot of press or attention being paid to the product, but Mike has definitely been paying attention and making iterative adjustments and improvements.

IMO, a successful double stack mag design will supercharge S12 compatible firearms sales, and invigorate competition and innovation industry wide.

Personally and professionally, I would love to have a reliable double stack mag which performs as well as current single stack mag options.

The S12/Vepr 12 platform, fixed or adjustable gas system (once properly tuned), is only limited by mag capacity and mag reliability.

Make them!

• Like 9

They should just make them compatible with V12 magwells. I'd update any saiga to match that format if they do. Bigger market, and no rock and lock fumbling. The US made 12 ga shotties would be fools not to make their guns fit them.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just spit balling here and there may be some minute reason why this won't work that I can't remember now, but...

Vepr 12 follower, Vepr 12 overall width below the receiver, but still has front lug for Saiga 12. Those who do not need the front lug can just file off. One mag, both platforms.

• Like 1