This is a subject that I am fascinated about and absorb anything I can on the subject. What is our next step in evolution? Do we have one? We listen to the heavens to try and solve these riddles, expecting to hear the communications from civilizations all over the universe. Hoping that we might gain knowledge and guidance. But instead we hear nothing but silence. Almost the entire scientific community devoted to searching for intelligent life is looking for organic intelligent life. Only a small faction is looking where no one thought to look. Places in the universe that might be terrible for organic life....but perfect for AI.

This subject is at the forefront of science at the moment. Nobody talks about it on the national or world news stage. But it is a subject that is trending and the theories behind could keep you reading for weeks.

I believe humans are what people in the know call a "dead end species". We literally have no path forward due to our lack of ability to evolve. By that I mean our religious beliefs, differences in culture, environment change, weapons, etc, etc, etc.

Maybe the next step in our evolution doesn't even involve us but the things we've created. Such as AI. We as a human race are literally on the verge of extinction and refuse to change. While in the background the computers we build get smarter and smarter and closer and closer to AI every single year. Within our lifetime we will see AI. How does make you feel? Does anybody care that within the next 20-30 years we will have a AI that is pretty much god like? The AI we create is going to be the next step in evolution. We are already obsolete....we're more like a cancer. Maybe the reason there is absolute silence in the universe is because we're looking for intelligent organic life whetn it doesn't exist. AI most likely inhabits the universe and were looking in the wrong places and coming to the wrong conclusions.

Anybody who has read "Interstellar"knows what I'm talking about. We thought intelligent alien life was trying to help us...the almighty human race. When in fact they were just using us to save a lesser life form that had greater value than humans on a cosmic scale. I didn't like the movie because it didn't touch on that subject like the book did.

I'd like to hear what other people think about our own evolution forward and what the silence across the universe implies for us as a species. I'd especially like to hear what the religious crowd has on their mind

Edited by Yugopap4me
  • Like 1
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are all evolving toward eternity.  The question is where will each of us spend it?

With a name like GRUMPY, I know a thing or two about ARGUING!  BUT just pushing everyone for an arguement is NOT what we are here for! I will put up with a bunch of shit, IF the poster also shares kno

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity

Posted Images

Man made god, god did not make man..god is a fictitious entity that does not exist except in the minds of those who don't want to see different than what they have been told their whole life.

If you can understand this, then you have already evolved. 

I cannot make anyone see into this, you have to want to for yourself. But most are too closed minded to ever stray from what they have been taught, and take offense to anything different.

These are the people who are stuck in a rut and will never evolve. 

and sadly, it is about 98% of the worlds population.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

"If you can understand this, then you have already evolved"

That is true. But I believe this "evolution" has come too late. A recent scientific paper was published by the most intelligent people on earth. And they concluded that the current population is so brainwashed by religion and or politics.That even if we did discover intelligent alien life in the universe....that the human race will be awed for a few years. Then we would go back to business as usual. Nothing in long run will change religious or political wise and we will continue doing what we do best. Killing ourselves

Edited by Yugopap4me
  • Like 1

If we were to ever discover/ make contact with intelligent life such as our self….If they didn't believe in our made up gods, the power that be would want to destroy them.

no different than what has been happening on this planet since the invention of gods/ religion... of course if intelligent life was found elsewhere than earth it would pretty

much discredit all the scriptures anyways.

• Like 1

If anything, we're probably evolving towards the nebbishes in T J Bass' "Half Past Human" & "The Godwhale". 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_Past_Human

Or, maybe the pudgy humanoids in "Wall-E"

This is all assuming we don't kill ourselves off too soon or civilization doesn't turn out to be a passing fad: who knows what any surviving 'feral' humans might evolve into... 

• Like 1

If one believes in future human history, and I do, perhaps in 10,000 years or so from now when mankind has established a dozen colonies on a dozen different far planets, we will find that our own tech will have allowed our species to adapt to each different new world.  Good planets will be very hard to find.  Other Earth like planets impossible to find.  So we tweak our genotypes to fit the environment and ecology of the colony planet.  A dozen types of future humanity.  All non inter breed able.  Artificial evolution.

But the problem to that is that at this time we only live to 100 years. AI is infinite...essentially, as long as there is any type of power source. Once AI is created it will be here until the end of time. Humans will not be.

And this conversation could go on for years depending on what scientific theory is put forth.

If your a religious person the conversation ends with "god did it" end of story

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread!

This will be fun!

Goodbye (God bless ye)!

I used to think that Man would evolve, until I looked at Bible Prophesy.

Certain events were predicted to a day, and came true (Google is your friend).

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

"Certain events were predicted to a day, and came true (Google is your friend). "

Google is a form of AI...not true AI tho.

Self for filling prophesy has been around all of history. Watch....

I predict there will be a terrible battle in the east sometime soon. It will be turned into a wasteland

Mark my words. This will come to pass hahaha

• Like 1

Evolution in the human race can be seen in the comparison of the anatomical drawings of Hippocrates and those in modern use. The appendix WAS much larger , almost a second stomach. We incorporate DNA from virus and bacteria into our own when we are infected and and recover, our DNA is also affected by cosmic rays and chemical poisoning.

We are a cultural species, and our cultures continue to evolve , some are positive adaptations, like the near universal abhorrence of cannibalism - others , like radical Islam and drug cartels are cultural cancers.

I predict there will be a terrible battle in the east sometime soon. It will be turned into a wasteland

Most of the Middle East and Africa is already a desert wasteland, and they've been fighting each other for several thousand years. Next theory, please.  ;)

• Like 3

"Next step in evolution...

about an important a question as how many angels can dance on the head of a pin...

Get a life!"

Don't believe in evolution? Turn off Fuax news and get a brain.

PS angels arnt real

"Most of the Middle East and Africa is already a desert wasteland, and they've been fighting each other for several thousand years. Next theory, please. "

Maybe I meant east of the Middle East. I was vague just like the bible and nostrodumbass. Self for filling prophecy

Edited by Yugopap4me
  • Like 1

The silence from the rest of the universe can be explained many ways.  A rough comparison would be a blind mouse only once touching an elephant and then describing in great and total detail the entire animal by what he sees.

The speed of light is too slow.  Time and distance prevent so many things.  It is impossible for us to get an accurate snap shot of what or how things are.  We are blinkered by time and space.  The universe is difficult to understand.

The theory of evolution appears to be quite sound.  The situation with humans further evolving is clouded with us changing our environment for our own evolutionary good.  Too many of us have had it too soft and too good.

We probably will see some future man driven great evolutionary force.  The great die back.  Eventually we will literally pollute or eat ourselves as a species into a great re set of the world scene.  None of it will be pleasant at all.

Or ... perhaps Mother Nature will throw us a hard slider up and in.  Pow!  Bean Ball.  All it would take is one very big volcanic eruption to kill off 90% of the worlds population.  Or it could be from other natural events.  All possible.

Perhaps this happens to all intelligent life throughout the universe.  No way of testing that however.  I think the next 1000 years will be very difficult indeed.  But, we will come out the other end still around.  Be hard to kill us all.

Then what?  "All of this has happened before and it will all happen again."  Maybe if we do get a chance to replay the game of life we will learn from our prior mistakes?  Possibly.  Unlikely?  But eventually we will get off planet? 

• Like 1

There is more that scientists don't know, than they know.

Watch any documentary concerning, the age if the Earth, the cosmos, evolution, etc. and they present their theories as facts (until they discover otherwise).

String Theory really has them baffled.

It always cracks me up.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity....yeah belief in evolution takes as much faith as belief in God. There is so much evidence for a Creator, it would take a fool to deny intelligence was behind the creation of this universe, the laws of physics, astronomy, biology, and mankind. They all point back to God. Point is for all those who feel superior latching onto "science" need to do a little more research. If the scientific method means anything to you, you will find the data keeps pointing back to a Creator. I no longer have faith in science. 20 years of trying to force global warming down my throat, even after we have the emails of multiple scientists changing data to support the desired outcome is enough for me to recognize science is no longer pure. My 2 cents. Feel free to flame. I really won't care. :)

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 5

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity....yeah belief in evolution takes as much faith as belief in God. There is so much evidence for a Creator, it would take a fool to deny intelligence was behind the creation of this universe, the laws of physics, astronomy, biology, and mankind. They all point back to God. Point is for all those who feel superior latching onto "science" need to do a little more research. If the scientific method means anything to you, you will find the data keeps pointing back to a Creator. I no longer have faith in science. 20 years of trying to force global warming down my throat, even after we have the emails of multiple scientists changing data to support the desired outcome is enough for me to recognize science is no longer pure. My 2 cents. Feel free to flame. I really won't care. :)

Thank you.

You nailed it.

• Like 1

Micro evolution is a fact like hair color or height. Macro evolution where we evolve from fish climbing out of the water has never been proven . Theory is an idea untill it is proven. Macro generation is therory.

Some say we should not believe what the bible teaches because it I written by men. If that is the case then we should not believe some of the crap that gets posted on this forum.

If you do not believe in God fine that is your right. Now stop boring us.

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 2