Man made god, god did not make man..god is a fictitious entity that does not exist except in the minds of those who don't want to see different than what they have been told their whole life.

If you can understand this, then you have already evolved.

I cannot make anyone see into this, you have to want to for yourself. But most are too closed minded to ever stray from what they have been taught, and take offense to anything different.

These are the people who are stuck in a rut and will never evolve.

and sadly, it is about 98% of the worlds population.

Chimpanzees don't believe in God. They must be more highly evolved than humans.

I useto believe there wasn't God too. I'm evolving in reverse apparently. Into what is the question.

• Like 2
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are all evolving toward eternity.  The question is where will each of us spend it?

With a name like GRUMPY, I know a thing or two about ARGUING!  BUT just pushing everyone for an arguement is NOT what we are here for! I will put up with a bunch of shit, IF the poster also shares kno

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity

Posted Images

Darwin himself renounced the theory later in life when he had more knowledge.

From a strictly non religious point of view... evidence of intelligent design far outweigh any evidence of  macroevolution..

Its plain that a species can and will adapt over time to any given environment within limits.

There is absolutely NO evidence in the fossil record or otherwise that a species can change into another species.

• Like 2

morlocks and eloi? pure science fiction..

we will exist as men or kill each other off...

We may get taller, shorter, fatter, thinner, darker ,lighter or a myriad of other traits within our species.

we wont be changing into another species, or change into a non carbon based lifeform

• Like 1

morlocks and eloi? pure science fiction..

we will exist as men or kill each other off...

We may get taller, shorter, fatter, thinner, darker ,lighter or a myriad of other traits within our species.

we wont be changing into another species, or change into a non carbon based lifeform

Robots are the non carbon species of the future

There is absolutely NO evidence in the fossil record or otherwise that a species can change into another species.

This is correct. Zero, none, nada, of any evidence, ever flora or fauna. Yet a totally unproven theory with no factual archeological, photographical or any other true scientific evidence ever, is taught and accepted as fact.
  • Like 2

A closed mind is such a waste.

There is no bigot like the man who actually thinks he's open minded.

If you look at how cosmologists describe the universe, there is a general sense that ours is a "goldilocks" universe. That is to say that the forces of gravity, magnetism, and the nuclear forces are all in such a perfect window that our universe can exist. If gravity were any weaker, the big bang (a theory proposed by a priest fwiw) would have left the universe in a dead state by now. If it were any stronger, it never could have expanded. Speaking of expansion, this theory is essential in understanding how the universe did not collapse into itself. My understanding of the theory of expansion is that the universe expanded faster than the speed of light right after the big bang, contrary to the current laws of physics. What else but a God could write and revise the laws of physics in order to cultivate a universe like ours?

In addition - something had to create the material that ended up fueling the big bang (law of conservation of matter says that it cannot be created or destroyed). That matter can't come out of nowhere unless something more powerful than the laws of physics can create it.

I've got more questions than answers myself. It must be nice to have it all figured out and to be able to lump those with conflicting ideas as a waste.

• Like 2

Respectfully, you have it backwards.  We are here only because conditions favored us.  The Universe does not care.  Conditions were correct for all around us to occur.  It did not occur because God created the conditions.  You have cause and effect misplaced.

The theory of evolution has stood the test of time.  That is how science works.  We can not call it a fact because that is not how science works.  Theories are constantly tested by empirical scientific experimentation.  So far so good.  Here we are.  Very cool.

Of course lots of things had to happen just so for us to be having this polite discussion.  It just happened.  Amazing if you ask me.  But ... the Universe did not do all of these cool and remarkable things just for us.  We are here because of the conditions.  A big difference.

Back to the first question of future mankind evolution.  If we survive great lengths of time in the future then we will continue to evolve.  The earth's climate will change.  It is dynamic.  It has changed in the deep past many times.  It will do so in the future.

It has changed greatly just quite recently.  1816 was the year without a summer in the northern hemisphere.  One so so kinda big volcano cut lose.  It killed probably, (best guess) over 20 million folks in a couple of years.  Crop failures.  Starvation.  Nasty.

Evolution works over great time by responding to changes in the environment.  This is dynamic but takes a great deal of time.  Billions of years.  We now believe, (do not know for sure) that modern mankind has been around only about 200,000 years.

Nothing lives forever.  Even our own sun will eventually die.  Lost energy.  Someday sooner or later man will be gone.  Something else may take our place.  I hope it has more brains and wisdom.  Deep Good Science seems to serve us best.  My opinion only.

Respectfully.  Agnostic HB.  Agnostic because I do not know.  I just don't know if there is a God.  I try to be open minded.

• Like 2

Respectfully, you have it backwards.  We are here only because conditions favored us.  The Universe does not care.  Conditions were correct for all around us to occur.  It did not occur because God created the conditions.  You have cause and effect misplaced.

The theory of evolution has stood the test of time.  That is how science works.  We can not call it a fact because that is not how science works.  Theories are constantly tested by empirical scientific experimentation.  So far so good.  Here we are.  Very cool.

Of course lots of things had to happen just so for us to be having this polite discussion.  It just happened.  Amazing if you ask me.  But ... the Universe did not do all of these cool and remarkable things just for us.  We are here because of the conditions.  A big difference.

Back to the first question of future mankind evolution.  If we survive great lengths of time in the future then we will continue to evolve.  The earth's climate will change.  It is dynamic.  It has changed in the deep past many times.  It will do so in the future.

It has changed greatly just quite recently.  1816 was the year without a summer in the northern hemisphere.  One so so kinda big volcano cut lose.  It killed probably, (best guess) over 20 million folks in a couple of years.  Crop failures.  Starvation.  Nasty.

Evolution works over great time by responding to changes in the environment.  This is dynamic but takes a great deal of time.  Billions of years.  We now believe, (do not know for sure) that modern mankind has been around only about 200,000 years.

Nothing lives forever.  Even our own sun will eventually die.  Lost energy.  Someday sooner or later man will be gone.  Something else may take our place.  I hope it has more brains and wisdom.  Deep Good Science seems to serve us best.  My opinion only.

Respectfully.  Agnostic HB.  Agnostic because I do not know.  I just don't know if there is a God.  I try to be open minded.

You mean like global warming fugded data ? How is that for science.

• Like 1

Excellent point and thank you.  Global warming DIRECTLY caused by mankind related to spikes in the atmospheric CO2 levels.  Wow.  Good science, bad science, political science.  Yes our climate does change.  We might be heating up.  Why this is occurring is not clear.  Good science is self correcting.  The corrections do not happen immediately.

To accept human caused global warming is not good science.

Yes the atmospheric levels of CO2 appear to be rising.  This has happened at least 12 times before there was mankind.  What caused it then?  We are not sure yet.  Different dynamics of lots of things affecting CO2 levels that we are not familiar with yet.  Stellar dynamics come into it.  Earth dynamics.  Solar cycles yet non clear.  Something caused it.

One good volcano would do it.

Also with climate change one might instead of accepting political science as fact look elsewhere.  Follow the money?  Power, control and greed?  The human conditions?  I suspect in 20 years or so when all of this political science global warming caused by mankind stuff gets washed through the wringers of good science we will see we have all been conned.

Excellent question again and thank you. Makes one thing a bit.  Climate change has driven earth evolution.  It changes conditions.  Changes or restrictions in the food supply.  By rolling dice, we should not be here.  So many things must be perfect for life on earth to even exist.  Wow and wow.  But lets please leave religion out of evolution.  Not compatible.

HB.  Agnostic.

Respectfully, you have it backwards. We are here only because conditions favored us. The Universe does not care. Conditions were correct for all around us to occur. It did not occur because God created the conditions. You have cause and effect misplaced.

The theory of evolution has stood the test of time. That is how science works. We can not call it a fact because that is not how science works. Theories are constantly tested by empirical scientific experimentation. So far so good. Here we are. Very cool.

Of course lots of things had to happen just so for us to be having this polite discussion. It just happened. Amazing if you ask me. But ... the Universe did not do all of these cool and remarkable things just for us. We are here because of the conditions. A big difference.

Back to the first question of future mankind evolution. If we survive great lengths of time in the future then we will continue to evolve. The earth's climate will change. It is dynamic. It has changed in the deep past many times. It will do so in the future.

It has changed greatly just quite recently. 1816 was the year without a summer in the northern hemisphere. One so so kinda big volcano cut lose. It killed probably, (best guess) over 20 million folks in a couple of years. Crop failures. Starvation. Nasty.

Evolution works over great time by responding to changes in the environment. This is dynamic but takes a great deal of time. Billions of years. We now believe, (do not know for sure) that modern mankind has been around only about 200,000 years.

Nothing lives forever. Even our own sun will eventually die. Lost energy. Someday sooner or later man will be gone. Something else may take our place. I hope it has more brains and wisdom. Deep Good Science seems to serve us best. My opinion only.

Respectfully. Agnostic HB. Agnostic because I do not know. I just don't know if there is a God. I try to be open minded.

That was a good response, one that was a little more polite than I had anticipated. Well done.

I suppose where I get off the "everything is chance and we are just fortunate to be in the window are in" camp is twofold:

1. Something has to actually write the laws of physics and something had to create matter. Whether or not those laws leave us in the goldilocks zone, they can't just write themselves. The stuff that exists in the universe can't synthesize itself either.

2. The very laws of physics themselves seem to be flexible. Expansion theory directly conflicts with the idea that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Why do the laws of conservation of mass and energy apply now but not before the big bang? A force that can change the laws of relativity and physics as you go is by nature God IMO. Once you acknowledge that those laws can be bent from some outside force you are at least halfway there.

Cosmologists call the stuff that exerts force on the universe without our being able to detect or really understand it at all dark matter. That always has made me smirk. The idea that there are forces in our universe that don't fit in with any observable/understandable laws fits more easily in a religious person's head than a cosmologists. I'm not exactly sure of what to think myself.

Edited for typos

Edited by 38 Special

Thank you.  1)  Respectfully, what if nobody or no thing wrote any laws of physics or anything else?  What if it just happened?  We do not know why.  We do not know how.  We do not know what.  Facts vs Faith.  All we can do right now is observe, experiment, observe, repeat and try to understand what we can can see.

BUT BUT BUT ... the big bang begs causality.  What does THIS imply?  I for one dunno.  Agnostic.  I do not know if there is a God.

2) Far as we know, the laws of physics can not be modified or stretched.  At least not yet.  But perhaps we are seeing hints?  Expansion theory might suggest that since space itself is not moving anywhere but is just expanding, then that would fit the current theory.  What we are observing might suggest our point of view may not be perfect?  How do you determine a fixed point?  You can not.  Also just our observing screws up answers.  Very interesting indeed.  How did THAT come about?  You raise excellent questions indeed.

Dark matter?  Nobody knows all about it yet.  We right now do not know anything.  That is why it is called Dark Matter?  Is it even matter as we understand it?  It appears to exert or create condition like gravity.  Is it gravity?  Or something gravity like?  Nobody knows yet.  Eventually we may find out.  Science is just full of neat stuff that we can not yet explain.  We do not know.

Science is full of stuff not understandable.  That does not automatically preclude it all to some divine intervention.  But ... it does not NOT preclude it either.  Wow.  Zinger questions to rock Agnostics like me.  Who created the Big Bang?  Who created that?  And so on.  No answers yet.  Might not ever and ever have good answers.  Makes one think.  That is why I do not KNOW if there is God.  I cop out.  Respectfully.

• Like 1

Science is a whore moving by the winds of the ones who fund them, government or private company.

The fact is science does not have a clue to how this all began. It always seem that a new better idea is popping up competing for the money.

• Like 1

Now you did it.  How are we science guys all supposed to believe that someday Captain Kirk will order Sulu to  .... "Take us out, Mr. Sulu."  Or even a better classic line ... "Scottie ... we need warp speed in 3 minutes or we are all dead!"  Ya gotta have faith in Science. :) :)

Yep again.  Somehow good science is going to have to out science bad science.  Or political science.  Right now it does not look good.  But then again history is full of bad stuff happening to good folks who had the courage to suggest things were not what was seemed.

• Like 1

We can not hammer down the nature of time.  Practically speaking, right now it looks like we will never hammer down "time".  What is duration?  Nobody knows.  Science is not all knowing.  Science is not all forthcoming.  To preclude just one thing at the absence or exclusion of other stuff is not realistic.  Time for me to go.  Let others work this.  Very timely.  Respectfully, HB.  :)

I remember a time when Science was the pursuit of knowledge.

Now it is the pursuit of funding.

I actually knew the gig was up when evolution became religion to be taken on faith.

Getting back to it's alchemy roots it seems... as it swindles the king's gold to turn to lead.

• Like 3

I was taught that life is nothing but solving problems and then you die.

True as this is there must be more to life as a human being. The more part comes from having an open mind.

life can be so complex that we can lose how unique it really is. It seems that some who claim an open mind for science fails to have an open mine to the God question and vise versa.

I do not! science is very important to me and so is God.

More than a few times in what I do, I have been faced with a reality that I would not experience my next breath on that day, it changes the game.

There is more to man than just a evolved animal. And if science can not establish a time constant which means you are just guessing.

Then why call a person who feels different from all life on this earth searching for an answer in the spiritual closed minded.

God bless you man! Have a good day tomorrow.

• Like 1

I was taught that life is nothing but solving problems and then you die.

True as this is there must be more to life as a human being. The more part comes from having an open mind.

life can be so complex that we can lose how unique it really is. It seems that some who claim an open mind for science fails to have an open mine to the God question and vise versa.

I do not! science is very important to me and so is God.

More than a few times in what I do, I have been faced with a reality that I would not experience my next breath on that day, it changes the game.

There is more to man than just a evolved animal. And if science can not establish a time constant which means you are just guessing.

Then why call a person who feels different from all life on this earth searching for an answer in the spiritual closed minded.

God bless you man! Have a good day tomorrow.

I agree. Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

I think we also need to keep in mind that scientific studies don't just stop at any given point.

Sure we don't fully understand many things now, but that doesn't mean we never will. The Laws of Physics may very well change, once we get further out into space.

Edited by Ronin38
  • Like 1