Btw. I took a screen shot of "Unforgiven" and I's private conversation.

And he is going to forward my texts to the admin like a little girl. He can't even fight his own battles.

Very funny for a guy with a Spartan helmet as his avatar haha

Stolen Valor law should be applied here. Because Spartan he is not haha. What a joke

You don't get out much do you? I'm sure you are very impressed with yourself.

*slow clap eye roll

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are all evolving toward eternity.  The question is where will each of us spend it?

With a name like GRUMPY, I know a thing or two about ARGUING!  BUT just pushing everyone for an arguement is NOT what we are here for! I will put up with a bunch of shit, IF the poster also shares kno

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity

Posted Images

Can we still have a discussion on future mankind evolution even though the thread starter is "Gone With The Wind?  This time I will try to take a more pragmatic view of where mankind will be in 1000 years years.  Time enough for evolution to work?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

Evolution teaches that living things adapt to changes in their environment.  Usually for man this means climate which determines the food supply.  Geographic changes also enter into it.  Population pressures also.  Modern man has changed his environment to suit.  Will this continue?

Probably not long term.  We are changing the planet too quickly.  This is mostly due to population increases.  Also due to the bad spin offs of technology.  Good soil, fresh water, oil reserves; eventually or quickly it will run low then run out.  Our world population may crash badly.

Mother nature may enter into it also.  One big volcano is all it would take.  Scientists now believe this in fact happened long ago.  We almost did not make it?  Less likely is a big asteroid strike.  Or perhaps a mega solar flare.  Whatever it may be, it eventually will happen to us.

Will we get bigger?  Smarter?  Tougher?  Gotta be some reason for it to happen.  Species tend to get larger only if there is a good food supply.  Our evolutionary future here on Earth may result in us getting smaller.  Dinky smart future humans?  Might be.  Nobody knows for sure.

Will we get off earth to colonize other worlds?  Practically speaking, nope.  No way to get there.  Right now no place to go.  We are stuck here on Earth indefinitely?  Star Trek is cool, but science fiction.  But ... if science works and time abides, just maybe someday we will be able too?

Gotta have some place to go to.  Some reason why we need to go.  Not doable yet.  But 1000 years from now?  If we ever do get off planet we will have to tweek our genotypes to suit the ecology of the colony planets which most definitely will not be exactly like Earth. Or even close?

Sosss ... in 1000 years, if we survive and if we get to a dozen colony planets, perhaps we will by them have created new species of mankind to live off world?  Twelve new types of mankind?  All non inter breed able with each other?  Problem is we will never know.  Perhaps best.

When I worked on escalators, I used to try as hard as I could to evolve a second elbow on each arm. Try as I might, it just would not happen!

It takes TIME for evolution to create a new species. A LOT of time, several million years for the many small adaptations to add up to a new species. Not something apparent to mere mortals - our short life spans do not afford a chance to see speciation in progress.

• Like 1

Time is the key factor.

If you believe in math, you cannot believe in evolution by random mutation coupled with natural selection as presented by Darwin. It's simply a mathematical impossibility in the time the earth has been around.

Sure plants and critters adapt to the environmental conditions but evolve? If not for mathematics, the theory of evolution could hold some water I suppose.

• Like 1

How long does it take for a new species to emerge?  Best evidence so far indicates tens of thousands of years?  Hundreds of thousands?  We have several racial subgroups of people today but they are all still inter breed able.  By definition a new species can usually only reproduce within its own group.  There are artificial exceptions.  Natural selection does take a very long time.  I wonder if mankind will ever obtain the smarts to self create artificial evolved future human beings.  We might have to if we are ever going to successfully colonize new worlds.  Just me.

Strange spelling.  Lenix Mint 17.

Well given not one instance of evolution of a new spices has ever been found I would say the matter seems a wild assed guess.

But yet we are fools not to have "faith" in those guesses. 

Man Made Climate Change anyone?

• Like 3

Some of the birds in the Pacific Ocean Rim area seemed to have evolved quite quickly.  Darwin's finch study comes to mind.  Also a new species of bird was found in Hawaii.  Some think it evolved into a new species very quickly indeed.  Local environmental conditions and pressures?  Probably a change in the food supply or type.  Yep ... evolution takes a long time.  Hard to wait around the 100,000++ or so years it would take Mother Nature to do it.

But bacteria and viruses evolve quite quickly.  This is why scientists study them.  They also mutate quite quickly.  Important for people because we always play catch up with new disease states.  With our easy transportation systems world wide perhaps it might be a nasty pandemic that will cut down the worlds population greatly.  This might be natural in occurrence or it will be tweeked by mankind himself.  Our ability to travel quickly is a man created condition.

The problem with future Mankind evolution is that it will take a long long time.  We will be here in 100,000++ years but take your best guess what we will be like or what conditions will be like here on Earth.  That is why I believe any future Mankind evolution will be man caused and thus considered artificial.  Good colony planets will NOT be like Earth.  We are unique in the Universe.  Mankind will be artificially modified to live on any foreign planets. None like Earth.

High gravity worlds.  Nasty sun worlds.  Benign sun worlds.  Low gravity worlds.  High pressure worlds.  Low pressure worlds.  Water worlds. Toxic worlds.  Desert worlds.  Jungle worlds. Dangerous worlds. Just weird worlds.  All requiring some human modifications.  Perhaps to the point where colonists there could not interbreed with people here.  New humans.  Different species.  Artificially done by man himself.  We might also see this closer to home right here in our system.

I know that some people have evolved to live with their heads so far up their own asses, that they need to evolve a glass navel to see where they are going!

(Like the entire Democratic party?)

• Like 4

Here's my thoughts:

If the big bang expanded faster than the speed of light then the speed of light is limited to the confines of our universe. Why should it be held to the same laws that exist IN our universe if it's not even in our universe?

This doesn't necessitate an intelligent over seer (doesn't exclude it either)

The "Goldilocks" theory doesn't really seem to talks into account the near infinite number of solar systems and the age of the universe. It only looks at OUR planet, our life.

There trillions of solar systems. Plenty have planets in range similar to ours. So life may be much more common than we think, it's just far away. (Just reasonable possibility ) That could mean maybe god doesn't keep just one petri-dish in the incubator or that the conditions for life to occur are much more common.

I like to hope that man's legacy will be the stars. That we will spread and ahem...infect the cosmos with our nobility. Perhaps it will be accomplished only thorough the machines we leave behind ... ( this all requires of course we aren't wiped out suddenly)

There WILL be AI, soon too. Though it may not in any way resemble human thought. (If we're lucky it won't) Remember the twitter bot AI?

Did man evolve from apes or ape line primates.. I think so. There are a lot of different species of early man. Why? Or more important "how" did they go extinct and why aren't our bones as old?

Religion wise... I can't help but notice there are many religion that predate Christianity but have very similar theme and events... is Christianity plagerized, or does God appear and recreate this in various places to get the message across?

(Surely he couldn't condemned the rest planet to hell that wasn't close enough to Jerusalem to hear the story)

Or is all wrong and we're just some aliens 3rd grade science fair exhibit.

Religion wise... I can't help but notice there are many religion that predate Christianity but have very similar theme and events... 

Christianity differs from all other religions in that in all other religions, man must do certain things and jump through hoops for whatever god/s may dictate.  Christianity is predicated on God's love doing the ultimate (Christ's sacrifice) for man and man only needs to accept the gift.  Quite an enormous difference I'd say...

Religion wise... I can't help but notice there are many religion that predate Christianity but have very similar theme and events...

Christianity differs from all other religions in that in all other religions, man must do certain things and jump through hoops for whatever god/s may dictate. Christianity is predicated on God's love doing the ultimate (Christ's sacrifice) for man and man only needs to accept the gift. Quite an enormous difference I'd say...

This may have a lot to do with its appeal to followers.

That doesn't really change the story line.

Virgin birth, self sacrifice, god incarnation, floods... is all there.

Mythra Horus,Karishna, all predate Christianity by at least 500 years. The similarities are too close to be coincidence.

Not saying this is a bad thing, but Christianity adapted many customs from other religions. I don't know if that equals "plagiarism," but it's pretty well documented.

This did help many followers of those religions to accept Christianity more easily.

If you want to know about the uniqueness of Christianity and Jesus Christ, I would suggest picking up a copy of "The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell at Amazon and other bookstores. Jesus Christ was a historical figure who fulfilled over three hundred Old Testament prophecies.  He was crucified, died, was buried and rose on the third day to life witnessed by not only the Apostles but by five hundred others.  He plainly stated He was the Son of God and One with God the Father.  Can you name any other religion that really compares to the uniqueness of the Bible and Jesus Christ?  How about the testimony of those who have put their faith in Him and have received the new birth and the Holy Spirit that Jesus promised to send upon His return to the Father?  

The book I have suggested at a price of $20 or so could make all the difference in where you spend eternity.  Skeptics are welcome to explore the truth for themselves.  You can always PM me if you want to discuss it privately, etc.

• Like 3

Sorry I just threw pearls...shoulda known.

How arrogant of you to presume your thoughts are pearls and any whom consider it objectively are swine. Seriously that attitude is exactly what makes people turn their nose at religion...

See how wolverine conducted himself? I'm genuinely intrigued by his book suggestions and offer.

You however bring NOTHING to the table .

• Like 1

I think I am responsible for creating this emotional exchange soossss ... can we pull things in a bit?  Future Human Evolution.  Where and what will we be like in 1000, 10,000 and 100.000 years?  Nobody know fur sures.  We can postulate.  We can just guess.  We can also do a lot of pondering.  I have.  The cool and safe thing is that we will never KNOW.  Yep ... perhaps better.

I think I am responsible for creating this emotional exchange soossss ... can we pull things in a bit? Future Human Evolution. Where and what will we be like in 1000, 10,000 and 100.000 years? Nobody know fur sures. We can postulate. We can just guess. We can also do a lot of pondering. I have. The cool and safe thing is that we will never KNOW. Yep ... perhaps better.

Whats sad is there are those who exist that think another human is a lower life form for simply asking the question. Really makes you realize how easy it is to get the Muslims to bomb innocent people when a religion cultures one to a mentality of supremacy.

Clearly this isnt the norm, but it's frequent enough that with some preaching of violence from religious leaders the easily programmed are goaded to action.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

I will worry about violence from religious "leaders" when the Vatican launches an aircraft carrier.

Till then the entire argument sounds far too contrived.

Well they do have an army... quite literally. Though that is far from my point. Point was that if you think somebody is less human that you for not immediately subscribing to your ideology there's something wrong with YOU. If your ideology demands that you views others as less whom don't immediately subscribe or questions it, there's something wrong with your ideology.

I mean essentially the man's argument was "but my god is more laid back than those other gods therfore he's real". Then had the audacity to claim that was a "pearl of wisdom". I've disused religion with some very bright minds, and I promise that was by far the least profound of evidence I've read this side of 3rd grade. I personally have no issue with Christianity. It holds to the most beneficial of principles that a society requires to remain civil. It's people with superiority complexes whom pervert religion into tools to goad the corruptible.

• Like 1

Only one (so called ) religion is carrying out heinous crimes against humanity

To be all inclusive, weren't the protestants and catholics bombing and terrorizing each other just a few years ago? So its not like I'm bringing up ancient history.

Just pointing out that a few corruptible lots can really create a bad situation in the name of their chosen flavor. And yea I know it doesn't compare to the thousands of Islamic attacks. I'm aware not all cultures ate equal.

See I'm not anti religion. I don't subscribe to any, but I'm a realist. I understand it's very necessary for the majority of the population to fear supreme retribution. They must have a source above the law of man that man can make no decision above. This higher power being where all human rights are derived from, preventing the masses from viewing the government as the highest power.

We've all read enough history to know what happens when government believes it's the highest power.

Gentleman:  Again, we are making this a religious debate.  Let's keep it on track please.  Future Human Evolution. To continue this, can we possible imagine what mankind will be like in only 100,000 years?  How about one million years?  Some people will be around then.  Pretty hard to wipe out all of humanity.  Major set backs and die backs?  Oh yeah.  Complete extinction?  Dunno, but probably unlikely.  What do you think?

I will worry about violence from religious "leaders" when the Vatican launches an aircraft carrier.

Till then the entire argument sounds far too contrived.

Well they do have an army... quite literally. Though that is far from my point. Point was that if you think somebody is less human that you for not immediately subscribing to your ideology there's something wrong with YOU. If your ideology demands that you views others as less whom don't immediately subscribe or questions it, there's something wrong with your ideology.

I mean essentially the man's argument was "but my god is more laid back than those other gods therfore he's real". Then had the audacity to claim that was a "pearl of wisdom". I've disused religion with some very bright minds, and I promise that was by far the least profound of evidence I've read this side of 3rd grade. I personally have no issue with Christianity. It holds to the most beneficial of principles that a society requires to remain civil. It's people with superiority complexes whom pervert religion into tools to goad the corruptible.

So far this year I have witnessed many and varied attacks on christians coming from islamic, governmental (statist), pagan, and atheistic sources in a constant stream of demonetization.

From wedding cakes to bathrooms to burkas to comic strips if one is not ready to participate in this perverted free-for-all be prepared for worse to come.

So it would seem that the shoe is quite on the other foot here when one talks of thinking less of others due to some tenet of faith.

People confuse statism with religion when the state puts on the mask of faith to accomplish it's goals, islam would the current modern example.

At that point it is a political system not a religion. 

As for the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland, guess what you find at the bottom of that one?

Nationalism

There are people that claim to be of two different faiths while neither exhibited a shred of obedience to either faith.

Those wars in Europe between the same two groups had the same root cause nationalism and power.

Sounds like a lot of people that are not what they claim.

So your problem really lay with the state not some sad man wearing a pointy hat in Rome.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1