But Lex has it totally wrong because for everyone who has read it knows it is a complext story of Love, War, the authors view on how history of war is incorrectly presented in the past and how luck by Napoleon was viewed as military genius.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are all evolving toward eternity.  The question is where will each of us spend it?

With a name like GRUMPY, I know a thing or two about ARGUING!  BUT just pushing everyone for an arguement is NOT what we are here for! I will put up with a bunch of shit, IF the poster also shares kno

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity

Posted Images

Wasted enough time on this thread.

The sermon on the mount is almost word for word identical to an inscription on an Egyptian temple to Isis, that predates Christ by 1,000 years.

"Have ve you not eyes to see, and ears to hear?"

Research Constantine and his mother Helena. Most of the new testament was written by this Britannic witch. The Nicean Creed is wholly her creation.

Hebrews 4:12New International Version (NIV)

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

• Like 2

Wasted enough time on this thread.The sermon on the mount is almost word for word identical to an inscription on an Egyptian temple to Isis, that predates Christ by 1,000 years."Have ve you not eyes to see, and ears to hear?"Research Constantine and his mother Helena. Most of the new testament was written by this Britannic witch. The Nicean Creed is wholly her creation.

Where did you pick up that crap, some internet site?

I thought the atheist heart was black. J/K

One could also see that am atheist is more able to appreciate the uniqueness and finality of life more than one who sees it as just another stepping stone.

Consider catholicism.. you can commit any crime, and simply confess, poof you go to heaven. Killing an innocent? Rest assured they'll be in heaven and you can just tell your priest and its ok!

Christianity would allow Hitler to reap rewards of heaven with repentance. Yet a man cursed with terminal illness and depression whom kills only himself goes to hell..(self murder , broke 1st comandment) . These are your values: Hitler; if he said sorry,: ok.

Cancer victim, died before he could repent: fuck em.

It's funny how other perceive you.

One could also see that am atheist is more able to appreciate the uniqueness and finality of life more than one who sees it as just another stepping stone.

Consider catholicism.. you can commit any crime, and simply confess, poof you go to heaven. Killing an innocent? Rest assured they'll be in heaven and you can just tell your priest and its ok!

Christianity would allow Hitler to reap rewards of heaven with repentance. Yet a man cursed with terminal illness and depression whom kills only himself goes to hell..(self murder , broke 1st comandment) . These are your values: Hitler; if he said sorry,: ok.

There are many things wrong with the Catholic teachings, as well as other sects that stray from the bible.

Did the cancer patient not have time to consider the existence of a creator?

But Lex has it totally wrong because for everyone who has read it knows it is a complext story of Love, War, the authors view on how history of war is incorrectly presented in the past and how luck by Napoleon was viewed as military genius.

Everyone? Think about that one a bit ever see the movie? (heh j/k)

The analogy holds firm a sense of wonder is contained within not given from without. 

I am not a preacher, I would not make a very good one anyway.

I do not slander God with stories of hell and everlasting torment of a proposed immortal spirit to frighten children and the simple nor do I degrade the severity of the death sentence we all struggle under.

Death is enough and all who have died have paid in full. Life or oblivion is a just choice.

We just live in a time where thinking itself has become a revolutionary act much to our continued distress.

In that I guess it is revolution I seek after all. It just led me to more truth than is sometimes wished.

The kind that is sweet in the mouth yet turns bitter in the stomach. Sounds great until the severity of the process is understood.

There are many things wrong with the Catholic teachings, as well as other sects that stray from the bible.

Did the cancer patient not have time to consider the existence of a creator?

Certainly Hitler did.

Everyone? Think about that one a bit ever see the movie? (heh j/k)

The analogy holds firm a sense of wonder is contained within not given from without. 

I am not a preacher, I would not make a very good one anyway.

I do not slander God with stories of hell and everlasting torment of a proposed immortal spirit to frighten children and the simple nor do I degrade the severity of the death sentence we all struggle under.

Death is enough and all who have died have paid in full. Life or oblivion is a just choice.

We just live in a time where thinking itself has become a revolutionary act much to our continued distress.

In that I guess it is revolution I seek after all. It just led me to more truth than is sometimes wished.

The kind that is sweet in the mouth yet turns bitter in the stomach. Sounds great until the severity of the process is understood.

Well not everyone I suppose, simply because few have read War and Peace.

It is death that has changed Me, It has brought me to the real truth of Good and evil.

It has given the truth of what life really is,a gift that should not be wasted on yourself alone but to help others as well,to make a difference as small as it might be so that the world may be better for others than it was for me.

Some here think death is final,when one just ceases to exist. All those thoughts an memories just gone, dust.

Yet if it were possible for all that to continue on past death few if any here would refuse it.

I certainly wouldn't.

• Like 2

Understandable and I guess in some ways the prospect of torment is more welcome than non-existence, where there is life there is hope.

The problem arises when there is taught that man is intrinsically immortal, which contradicts everything and is in itself the original lie. That is a very long subject and so will not bore folks with it. 

I dont pretend know for sure but I have to believe in the logical nature of a creator that built a logical universe. The creation must reflect the creator.

Edited by Rhodes1968