TIME

If we believe in the integers, the numbers ..., -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, ... They have no beginning and no end; but any time you need an integer, say 47, you can just use it. You don't need to go through all of them left to right. Time is like that. We're here now. We know that for certain.

Yet we tend to look at all this on a single timeline or one dimension . But we are starting to understand that time is multidimensional or quantum. So time takes on a different and ever changing reality. Not because in theory time is constant in its specific dimension but because it may not be constant as it is considered in a quantum world of infinite dimensions interacting with each other .

It is here that time indeed may warp. It also gives us the best understanding if we can ,how matter is created from nothing. An with bigger stretch it may be possible to understand the formation of nothing

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are all evolving toward eternity.  The question is where will each of us spend it?

With a name like GRUMPY, I know a thing or two about ARGUING!  BUT just pushing everyone for an arguement is NOT what we are here for! I will put up with a bunch of shit, IF the poster also shares kno

.....or the Cambrian explosion....or the issue with the fossil record...or Hackel's fraud...or Miller's experiment, simulating early Earth's atmosphere, producing cyanide.....or irreducible complexity

Posted Images

Wow. I'm seeing that a lot of Christians on this site don't even understand what evolution is!!! Evolution is not changing into another species! This is one example I saw from a documentary that is simple enough for any Christian to understand. I hope.

This is a true story. Centuries ago a fisherman was fishing and he pulled up a crab that looked like it had a face on its shell. Thinking it was a sign he didn't keep it and threw it back but kept the crabs that didn't have the face marking. Soon all the fishermen were throwing crabs back that had this face pattern and after a while all the crabs had it. That's one small example. Generic mutation is key and whether or not that genetic mutation is useful

Edited by Yugopap4me

"That is micro evolution"

The derp is strong with this one. But it is evolution. It applies to face marking on a crab shell that helped it survive...all the way up to major genetic mutations such as extra limbs, eyes, even less limbs. Example being a snake. Snakes at one point had limbs....limbs didn't serve them very we'll but they got by. Then one day a snake was born with no limbs because of a genetic mutation and he was able to survive much better and pass his genes on more effectively. How difficult is that to understand

Edited by Yugopap4me

Is it realy evolution if you kill (eat) all the crabs with one trait and leave only the others to reproduce?

Not even close!

A reptile with limbs, no limbs, long limbs short limbs....is still a reptile

If a reptile birthed a walrus....that would be evolution.

Before being condescending toward others ability to understand something, one should have a greater than third grade understanding himself. 

"Is it realy evolution if you kill (eat) all the crabs with one trait and leave only the others to reproduce?

Not even close!

A reptile with limbs, no limbs, long limbs short limbs....is still a reptile

If a reptile birthed a walrus....that would be evolution.

Before being condescending toward others ability to understand something, one should have a greater than third grade understanding himself. "

OH MY GOD. First of all the crab example is man made artificial evolution. Today's man does it all the time with plants and animals...via GMOs and other man made techniques. The corn we eat today is NOT the same corn from pilgam days because we forcefully completely changed it! A snake birthing a mammal is not evolution!!! Read a book! Not the bible. Evolution is a long long process with small changes happening over a long period of time! Not over night like your suggested and not by birthing a completely different species. Please please educate yourself before you have time to pass your genes on.

Edited by Yugopap4me

Im not fighting

And I approach this not from a religious standpoint but from scientific data.

Its ignorant to think that if you dont believe in a theory if defines you as a Christian, or not.

Plenty of non religious people dont buy into a theory with no proof .

Plenty of religious people still accept the theory with some small disagreement on specifics...Usually Man

This whole question shouldn't pit Christians against Atheists or Agnostics, it should be about the science alone.

I will say it is irritating being lectured by someone who so obviously has no education and no clue about the subject.

Same people rail against the (sheeple) but fit the description perfectly

Let me try again. A ship is usually used in this example but I'll adapt it to guns.

Say you buy a plain Jane AR15 and you decide to name it "boom stick" and etch that name onto the lower. Overtime pieces break and you replace them and overtime you decide to upgrade the internals and some of the externals as we'll but the lower still has the name "boom stick" etched in, same serial number, etc. Is that firearm still "boom stick"? Or is it something completely different at this point?

This example is a famous example used in college classes worldwide. Like I said, the original example involves a ship and is mostly used in philosophy classes not evolution. But the question is still the same....is that gun still the same gun or not?

Edited by Yugopap4me

You never answered the question. Because no matter what you answer you know I made my point.

"I leave this and all the other mysteries of the universe to be argued by (feel free to complete sentence)"

The people that seek truth.

Edited by Yugopap4me

Let me try again. A ship is usually used in this example but I'll adapt it to guns.

Say you buy a plain Jane AR15 and you decide to name it "boom stick" and etch that name onto the lower. Overtime pieces break and you replace them and overtime you decide to upgrade the internals and some of the externals as we'll but the lower still has the name "boom stick" etched in, same serial number, etc. Is that firearm still "boom stick"? Or is it something completely different at this point?

This example is a famous example used in college classes worldwide. Like I said, the original example involves a ship and is mostly used in philosophy classes not evolution. But the question is still the same....is that gun still the same gun or not?

Now it finally makes perfect sense, there is no other possible conclusion except that we have crawled out of primordial ooze and randomly evolved into humans.

Thank you so much for answering the age old question!

This explanation completely shatters the fact that random evolution is a mathematical impossibility.

You never answered the question. Because no matter what you answer you know I made my point.

"I leave this and all the other mysteries of the universe to be argued by (feel free to complete sentence)"

The people that seek truth.

haha.gif

Think again junior

Edited by unforgiven

To: Longshot

I like your username because it perfectly describes the odds that everything around us was created by an all powerful god in 6 days(rested on 7)....a LONG SHOT!! : )

"Think again junior"

Does that involve bringing myself down to your educational level and understanding of how the universe works? I'll pass

Edited by Yugopap4me

To: Longshot

I like your username because it perfectly describes the odds that everything around us was created by an all powerful god in 6 days(rested on 7)....a LONG SHOT!! : )

"Think again junior"

Does that involve bringing myself down to your educational level and understanding of how the universe works? I'll pass

Ill quote this because ......

It always seems to be the basis of all your arguments

And what you may have been inseminated with in Philosophy class is as far from science as it can get. 

Edited by unforgiven
  • Like 1

Defined by Webster

Simple Definition of philosophy

: the study of ideas about knowledge, truth, the nature and meaning of life, etc.

: a particular set of ideas about knowledge, truth, the nature and meaning of life, etc.

How can you or any educated person bash the study of knowledge and truth? Ohhhh ya I remember

Edited by Yugopap4me

It is sad when "The Future Evolution Of Man thread gets diluted, (a polite word) by input from individuals who do not have the upbringing, education, experience, background, life knowledge or inclination to just leave evolution alone and not try to interject Religious aspects into the original discussion.

Please leave Religion out of this thread.  We were talking about Future Evolution Of Mankind.  Man can and has changed the environment to suit his own needs.  This is different from other animals and plants that usually, (not always) do not have this capability.  They only can adapt to the environment. 

Scientists says mankind pretty much may continue to evolve due to the possibly deteriorating environmental conditions here on Earth.  We have no place else to go.  We are stuck here.  If nothing catastrophic happens due to a natural event, people will probably adapt, (not evolve) to less of everything.

Physically, it might happen that future people MAY also evolve to  be smaller, eat less, be able to handle many toxic things, live shorter lives and generally experience a downward slope.  All of this will take a minimum of 100 to 200 generations. More if there is a resulting great die back of the human species.

Adaptation is fast.  Evolution is very slow.  Future Human adaptation may be very quick indeed.  We are already seeing this.  Try drinking the water in China or India.  We here in SW OR USA would do poorly in Peking.  Right now the long term future of Mankind on Planet Earth does not bode well.

Too many people.  Too few resources.  Out of control population increases.  Too many fucking people.  This is only discussing the future of human adaptation.  Right now things do not look good at all.  Unless Mother Nature hits us, the next 1000 years are going to be very distressing to the Human Species.

Just me.  HB.  Agnostic.  Respectfully.  All I have is a BS in registered nursing.  A hard science degree.  Not enough.  We need a college professor in science to come on board and set us all straight.  Including me.  Again, respectfully.  Evolution is only a theory.  But it has withstood many tests.

• Like 1

You should get a good laugh EVERY morning just by looking in the mirror ; )

Ad hominem attack.

What a wonderful retort to fall back on when logic escapes you!

Sorry snowflake...Have to do some work maybe someone else can come play with you nowbig_smile.gif

Maybe later if I need a laugh

Let's just let him play with himself. Evilution will thusly weed him out of the gene pool.

"Ad hominem attack.

What a wonderful retort to fall back on when logic escapes you!"

If Trump can do it and his poll numbers go up with republicans why doesnt my popularity go up here? Haha.

Besides. It's not like you can have an intelligent conversation anyway. Or at least a conversation that doesn't quote the bible : /

Edited by Yugopap4me

This is the time to point out....

A number of Atheists here on the forum have the class and respect not to be nasty to the Christians here.

I respect their point of view completely even if I disagree, I served this country to protect all peoples rights including the right to express an opposing point of view from mine.

Its the small minded little bigots I take issue with, you know the ones...

The ones that have no actual argument to put forth, That could be examined back and forth, but intentionally hurl insults at any given opportunity.   

• Like 2

i htink keyword think, as my wife still doesnt explain her definition of evolution well, is that folks get "adaptation" and 'evolution" mixed up.... adaptation is provable, evolution is just science fiction.... folks love to point to science and say, "its objective because we dont believe in God", yet you turn on news, and perpetually you see strictly science organizations bein in scandals (NOAA manipulating weather data to prove global warming, were lookin at you)

believe what you want, but in some way you are taking a big logical "fill in hte blanks" belief step... watch this video OBJECTIVELY   and then lets talk...

ps, havent read the other 3 pages yet, so if this is redundant, sorry!!!

Edited by saltydecimator