US made R&R Saiga 12 Bolts in Stock!

The first batch of US made Saiga 12 bolts are now available from R&R.  The bolts are complete with extractor, spring and firing pin.  Price is $275 and supply is limited so call Robert at (503) 551-7283 to order.

Doug

post-22191-0-74033400-1461098800_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I would think that being machined from quality 4140 steel on CNC machinery in the US and held to close tolerances would make them obviously better but if your current Saiga bolt runs well then you probably don't need to change. Robert has thousands of rounds on the initial few he made up but until tens of thousands of rounds have been fired we won't have a definitive answer. For those that have broken or are missing their bolt this should make them happy.

Doug

• Like 3

How similar are they to Vepr 12 bolts? Anybody know?

Robert has a couple of Veprs that he is converting and the bolt and carrier are virtually identical to the Saigas.  He is confident that they will fit the Vepr but plans on doing some testing to verify.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...

Super $deal$ on you fitting the bolt to our gun.  Always a good idea.  We are still counting our fun money.   I am assuming the 1968 gun control act allow individuals like us having no FFL to ship the S12 direct to you for fitting and you returning it to us?  Do I have that correct?

Our pleasant situation is that we must make a choice between a cool reliable running USA bolt for our S12 or buying up more mags and ammo. Thank you. :) :)

From the ATF website:

7. May I lawfully ship a firearm directly to an out-of-State licensee, or must I have a licensee in my State ship it to him? May the licensee return the firearm to me, even if the shipment is across State lines?

Any person may ship firearms directly to a licensee in any State, with no requirement for another licensee to ship the firearm. However, handguns are not mailable through the United States Postal Service and must be shipped via common or contract carrier.(18 U.S.C. §§ 1715). Firearms shipped to FFLs for repair or any other lawful purpose may be returned to the person from whom received without transferring the firearm through an FFL in the recipient’s State of residence. FFLs may also return a replacement firearm of the same kind and type to the person from whom received. 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(2)(A)