Harriet Tubman To Replace Andy Jackson On US Five Dollar Bill? ...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This could be yet another in a string of diversionary tactics aimed at keeping us occupied with minutiae while much more important atrocities are happening.

Bullshit.  The founding fathers were British subjects and they committed high treason against their king.   You may hold whatever opinions you like about right and wrong, but facts are facts.

If folks were half as concerned about earning money than who's on it. We'd be a lot better off...

Posted Images

We must understand that what Harriet Tubman did when she did it and how she did were high felony crimes at that time.  If she had been caught she would have been legally tried and hung by the neck until dead.  What she did was very illegal. 

But we also need to understand that history is painted with a broad brush and only the victorious do the painting.  I for one find it non comprehensible that our nation would glorify such a HISTORICAL CRIMINAL!  LITERALLY UNBELIEVABLE!  

So now it seems she will appear on our TWENTY dollar bills?  Why not just use Hitlers or Stalins picture instead and get it all over with?  Any other historical criminals and not nice people that today we convert into big heros?  Any examples?

I am really pissed about this.  More letters, phone calls and E mails.  I have to keep thinking my response to MY elected officials is still having some positive effect.  But then again I still believe our Country is a Nation Of Law and not of man.

Shit piss fuck.  Yep!  :(:(:(

Everything you just said about Tubman was also said about the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

• Like 4

At one time all US money had an artist interpretation of "Liberty". I think they should move back to that before placing more historical personas on it. The reason liberty was used originally was to stop a continuing trend of monarchs being remembered by the continued use of money with their faces on it. Liberty was to stay eternal, not the faces of a ruler. Might be a bit different in this case but it also just seems like another race-baiting move to appease one side and anger another

No my Lord Darth.  We were not yet a Nation when our founding fathers did what they did.  A very large distinction.  When Harriet did it we were an established Nation Of Law.  Not so when under King George.  United States currency.  We had no USA when all the guys, (and some gals) revolted.  Now if you wish to consider British Crazy George on our 20 spot, then .... humm.

No my Lord Darth.  We were not yet a Nation when our founding fathers did what they did.  A very large distinction.  When Harriet did it we were an established Nation Of Law.  Not so when under King George.  United States currency.  We had no USA when all the guys, (and some gals) revolted.  Now if you wish to consider British Crazy George on our 20 spot, then .... humm.

Bullshit.  The founding fathers were British subjects and they committed high treason against their king.

You may hold whatever opinions you like about right and wrong, but facts are facts.

• Like 6

My Lord, we have a honest difference of opinion.  Facts are facts.  Pesky.  We are talking about US Currency.  Not British Pounds.  Tubman knowingly committed multiple capital crimes against the USA.  The United States Of America.  The bloody Revolutionary War does not enter to this discussion. To suggest they are related does not hold.

History suggests she was perhaps mentally unstable.  Perhaps.  Lots of us may be.  That does not excuse her crimes against this Nation.  The fact that she was a gun user also does not enter into it.  Was she supposed to use rocks and sticks?  Neither does the Democratic and Republican parties at that time enter into it.  Different animals entirely. 

Yes our Founding Fathers were all revolutionaries.  So what.  Different subject entirely.  So again, lets get back to Andy Jackson.  The hero of the Battle Of New Orleans.  A great President depending where you got your history lessons.  Andy was a President.  Harriet was a Criminal.  History paints with a very broad brush indeed.  My point only.

Respectfully.   We will probably never agree on this and that is good.  Perhaps we can agree that Tubman on a 20 (NOT A FIVE!) may not be a good idea unless it was suggested and planned as a political statement.  Revisionist History at its worse.  She committed high capital crimes in a Nation Of Law.  Andy was a war hero and President.  Yikes!  :( :(

I suppose it could be worse.  They could be putting John Brown on the 20 instead.  More Yikes!!!

• Like 1

My Lord, we have a honest difference of opinion.  Facts are facts.  Pesky.  We are talking about US Currency.  Not British Pounds.  Tubman knowingly committed multiple capital crimes against the USA.  The United States Of America.  The bloody Revolutionary War does not enter to this discussion. To suggest they are related does not hold.

History suggests she was perhaps mentally unstable.  Perhaps.  Lots of us may be.  That does not excuse her crimes against this Nation.  The fact that she was a gun user also does not enter into it.  Was she supposed to use rocks and sticks?  Neither does the Democratic and Republican parties at that time enter into it.  Different animals entirely. 

Yes our Founding Fathers were all revolutionaries.  So what.  Different subject entirely.  So again, lets get back to Andy Jackson.  The hero of the Battle Of New Orleans.  A great President depending where you got your history lessons.  Andy was a President.  Harriet was a Criminal.  History paints with a very broad brush indeed.  My point only.

Respectfully.   We will probably never agree on this and that is good.  Perhaps we can agree that Tubman on a 20 (NOT A FIVE!) may not be a good idea unless it was suggested and planned as a political statement.  Revisionist History at its worse.  She committed high capital crimes in a Nation Of Law.  Andy was a war hero and President.  Yikes!  sad.pngsad.png

I suppose it could be worse.  They could be putting John Brown on the 20 instead.  More Yikes!!!

I agree that changing the bill is the worst kind of tripe. 

But to hold some kind of grudge against HT because she resisted tyranny, as the institution truly was, and name her criminal instead of the government imposing it is worst kind of statist flaw.

On the other hand what Jackson did to the Cherokee and others was even worse so there is that and it was inexcusable.

Complicated man was Jackson.

Unfortunately that is NOT why he is being being taken off the bill. Things are as they are but the note will be despised by many, leave the reason to others.

Dont use it if you like, wonder if the hard line tribe members will start using them now... probably not many.

So his plan would be replace Jefferson from the $2 note instead?

Bad Donald for not thinking that one through.

• Like 1

Why change the 20? Let's print 3,4,6,7,8 and 9 dollar bills. Then we can honor Sitting bull, MLK, General Patton and whom ever we want to put on a bill to make someone's butt hurt feel better. Just reserve the 3$ bill for GLBT folks, and the Libs will love you.

Collectable money- a win/win. Obscure denominations will become 'collectables', and as such do not get much circulation. This is a win for the Treasury, like a lottery, but NO PRIZES! Legal tender that does not circulate is free money, like a 0% T-bill.

• Like 2

This is money.

post-4831-0-33459900-1461435609.jpg

This is printed paper.

post-4831-0-16806300-1461435671.jpg

Which in reality is worth no more than this paper.

post-4831-0-30206600-1461435723.jpg

Printed "money" is nothing more than a promise of payment.  Which is why I convert my fiat dollars to things of actual value as quickly as I can.

• Like 4

And...

As worthless as printed money is, the "money" you have in the bank is worth even less.  Much much less.

At the moment banks have available $6 of printed currency for every $10,000 they have in accounts.

The monetary system worldwide is at best a paper façade, and at worst legalized fraud and theft.  It only works because of the ignorance and blind trust of the masses.

Don't be ignorant.  And don't trust it.

And if you don't know what a bail-in is, it would be a good idea to learn.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Hold the phone,

Janet Yellen said just the other day "the US economy is not in a bubble"

So who ya gonna believe? Facts, figures, mathematics, your lying eyes, the repetition of history? Or the chair of the federal reserve?

Funny isn't it? (Strokes chin whiskers)

• Like 3

I don't really care who is on the money...with the debt being what it is we can't afford to change the design on the notes...kinda like buying new curtains when you can't afford to pay your mortgage...interested to see what this will cost...doubt it will ever be published.

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 1