Csspecs 10 rd saiga-12 magazines are ready.

Rear lug is different on the new ones. Flatter angle.

I don't like marking parts because I know people are getting them into areas that have laws prohibiting them. If I put a maker mark on them it would be easy to prove when it was made..

I don't agree with gun bans. And I don't want to help the other side.

• Like 2

Rear lug is different on the new ones. Flatter angle.

I don't like marking parts because I know people are getting them into areas that have laws prohibiting them. If I put a maker mark on them it would be easy to prove when it was made..

I don't agree with gun bans. And I don't want to help the other side.

Good point. Respect. 

• Like 1

I can ID batches pretty easy, dies make different markings each time they are reset, We also can reference order numbers, because we know when the crossover happened... But I do agree that a marking for which gun they are for would be good.. Maybe a batch number.

Only problem with the Saiga-12 mags is that they are made already.. The stack of magazines in bins filled two pallets to 4 feet high.. I can't mark them without damaging the finish.

Odds are we will have this batch for about 8-18 months depending on politics.. After that we will probably mark them.

• Like 4

I label all of mine on the floorplate, but I should probably do something on the body and followers as well.

I've bounced them across concrete and they don't show a mark, so short of a carbide scribe it's hard to keep reliability tracking on them. 

We use the paint pens here, they work well. Normally we take the paint off with a wire wheel.

Being soaked in preserving oil will make the paint come off eventually, so we E-pencil tool names rather than paint pen them on.. Our storage oil has something in it that stains tool steel black (sulfur?) anyway. Paint pens should hold up fine on magazines if marking them is needed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No issues so far... They have been kinda slow sellers, but everything Saiga-12 is kinda sluggish.

We are 5% off right now but they won't ship until the 11th.

We may have a sale for Black Friday, but that will depend on the election results and resulting panic that may or may not happen..

No issues so far... They have been kinda slow sellers, but everything Saiga-12 is kinda sluggish.

We are 5% off right now but they won't ship until the 11th.

We may have a sale for Black Friday, but that will depend on the election results and resulting panic that may or may not happen..

fair enough thanks for the response..  I have some plastic mags.. and I have looked at the ones you put out a few times.. they really do look the part as far as quality goes..  my main concern is feeding.. I looked at a couple of videos and they appear to work well..  

doubt I will wait until black friday.. lol I just need to convince myself to drop a hundred bucks on a couple of magazines (not questioning the price) 

• 2 weeks later...

The 5% off that ended a week ago on the 11th of July.

The Vepr-10rd magazines are being processed at heat treatment. Been there for coming up on three weeks. Any day now.

I have a pile of other stuff to process, vepr .308 and M77 restock batches.. And then finally getting the Vepr-54r run.

We are going to be diversifying a little bit after the Vepr-54r, Russian guns have been fun but I would like to spread into a couple other markets.

• Like 2

I have been a bit slow in getting these, as I picked up enough of the Russian 8 rounders circa 2010 to satisfy me. However, I am very pleased with the three 10 rounders that I just bought. They fit perfectly out of the box, and were 100% reliable with the first 90 rounds I put through them.

Thank you for making these. Top quality and excellent value!