any one making magazines that works on the 20 gauge. I ordered the metal one but I had to make it fit so I sold it. I have some 10 round plastic ones and I have 4 of them but only 2 work good. I have a few 5 round ones that work great but I just want more rounds.

I had the 13 round ones and did not have to do any thing to them. they all worked good. they just broke. If I buy something new I should not  have to work on it to make it work. I found they have some coming out in a few months so I guess I'll wait. every other gun I have I never had to work on it to make it work.

The Russian weapons don't have very good tolerance consistency, you can't just expect perfection. I have to modify mags for my S12. It is not an AR15 level of manufacturing.

"They all worked good. They just broke."

Ummm....what? That is logically illogical.

Edited by Heartbreaker
  • 2 weeks later...

Saiga 20 mags have always been hard to find.  The batch from Carolina shooters were all duds and they should have been sued for selling faulty products.  The ones from Mississpi auto worked awesome and the CSSpecs mags have worked decently

• 4 months later...

From the CSSPECS website.  There is a page to put your name on a list. I am checking back almost daily.

I did buy a few 5 round 76mm mags at http://www.saigastock.com/buy-2-saiga-20ga-3-inch-2-rd-magazines-get-1-free-p-6749.html (buy 2 for $49.95 and get one free) to get me by.

We expect this item to be avalible again in September of 2016.

We expect this updated item to be lighter, stronger and more reliable.

Edited by AcezHi
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

So it looks like this thread is kinda slow, but I have a question. I bought a 10 round cspec mag for a saiga 20 I picked up from a buddy for cheap. It didnt have a mag with it bought i was told you can find them online. Please keep in mind this was a couple of years ago. So the first ammo I bought was some remington target loads and they fit in the mag perfectly. Well I decided to order some NSI buchshot loads i found for a good price and when I tried to load them in the mag they wont fit. So I go back to cspecs website and I notice some fine print about variations in 20ga ammo and they recommend Remington ammo. I noticed that the high brass on the buckshot is where the extra length is coming from. So my questions are do they make a mag that isnt so round fussy and is this a normal problem with these mags. Do Remington buckshot and slugs fit in this mag or will I have the same problem. 

A few things. First shells come in different lengths, you have 2 3/4" and 3", the 20ga saiga uses two lengths of magazine to handle this. Most common shells are 2 3/4 and you can get defensive and hunting grade buck and slugs in 2 3/4" so 3" are not super necessary.

Then there are two styles of crimp, roll crimp which is longer, and star crimps or fold crimps which are more common.

The length of the brass does not change the length of the shell. 

• 2 months later...