Sign in to follow this  
faststang90

magazines ?

any one making magazines that works on the 20 gauge. I ordered the metal one but I had to make it fit so I sold it. I have some 10 round plastic ones and I have 4 of them but only 2 work good. I have a few 5 round ones that work great but I just want more rounds.

I had the 13 round ones and did not have to do any thing to them. they all worked good. they just broke. If I buy something new I should not  have to work on it to make it work. I found they have some coming out in a few months so I guess I'll wait. every other gun I have I never had to work on it to make it work.

The Russian weapons don't have very good tolerance consistency, you can't just expect perfection. I have to modify mags for my S12. It is not an AR15 level of manufacturing.

"They all worked good. They just broke."

Ummm....what? That is logically illogical.

Edited by Heartbreaker

Because of the tolerance variations in Saigas, custom fitting magazines to the gun is pretty much mandatory. Discarding a brand-new mag because it doesn't fit perfectly out of the box is totally idiotic on your part.

they broke when I installed the slide fire. guess it was just to much of a shock. the part on the front side of the magazine  that goes into the gun is what broke.

Saiga 20 mags have always been hard to find.  The batch from Carolina shooters were all duds and they should have been sued for selling faulty products.  The ones from Mississpi auto worked awesome and the CSSpecs mags have worked decently

From the CSSPECS website.  There is a page to put your name on a list. I am checking back almost daily.

I did buy a few 5 round 76mm mags at http://www.saigastock.com/buy-2-saiga-20ga-3-inch-2-rd-magazines-get-1-free-p-6749.html (buy 2 for $49.95 and get one free) to get me by.

We expect this item to be avalible again in September of 2016.

We expect this updated item to be lighter, stronger and more reliable.

Edited by AcezHi

Oh I need to fix that.. The Vepr-54r took much longer than it was projected to.

20 gauge will likely be early next year or so.

i found the problem when i got the gun i was told it used 2 3/4 shells and it came with 20x70 (2- 2 3/4)  5 round magazines. so i have been trying 2 3/4 shells. I looked at the gun and it has 20x76 on the gun so I have the wrong magazines.

I have been told the cspecs 10 rounders are sapose to be coming in at the beginning of the year. But it's almost April and still nothing as far as I know

March 13 got the following about the coming csspecs 10 rounders.

Still a ways off.. But we are still intending on making them.

I am also waiting for a few.