Any reason to ask for proof of age on flare gun sales?

Quick question, legally am I required to ask for proof of age when selling a flare pistol? I'm selling some things to fund a sa 26 build project and one of the items is an HK P2A1 flare pistol and right now I don't have a disclaimer-should I add one?  Additionally, in the future I may be selling some black powder pistols- for those I'm fairly certain that I need to confirm the buyer is of age, what is the typical method (email copy of drivers license?)

For those who may be interested, I only have a few Saiga items listed but a fair amount of other things. (If mods have an issue with the link, kill it or contact me and I'll make it go away)

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262107

Considering that the flare guns are usually pistols, buyers need to be at least 21.

They can also become unregistered DD's in certain circumstances.  I have a 37mm flare launcher, and if I even handle a beanbag round for it (possession), the launcher would then be considered an unregistered DD.  You can only possess flares, smoke, riot gas, wildlife control rounds, and cannot use those rounds in any form of antipersonnel action.  If you do, the launcher is considered a unregistered DD.

Reasons enough?

• Like 1

WalMart and West Marine sells the Olins 12ga. flare pistol.

Online, no age restriction.

In store, must be 18.

There are inserts made to convert flare guns to fire actual  ammo. ATF ruled that inserts changes the flare gun to an AOW.

Years ago I was sailing from Lauderdale to Nassau Bahamas. While in the middle of the Bahama Banks I had a go-fast boat with a single black dude bear down on on us. I was worried about piracy and at his speed there was no time to get below to the weapons locker.

I told my sailing mate Sherrie ( ex Hee Haw babe), to grab the flare gun and when he pulls up just aim into the center of the boat.

He did and she did. The dude asked which way to Bimini. (stupid question)

I pointed south and he took off.

WalMart and West Marine sells the Olins 12ga. flare pistol.

Online, no age restriction.

In store, must be 18.

There are inserts made to convert flare guns to fire actual  ammo. ATF ruled that inserts changes the flare gun to an AOW.

I thought that was just inserts without rifling, from what I've read as long as the insert has rifling, it's treated like making a handgun.