1st let me say I’ve pretty much read all the post on here and elsewhere about Fury shotguns believe and only time and use will tell if they’re junk or not. Johnboy.gif

I got one and as have posted else where in other threads seems like so far so good. It’s not a Saiga but it was $369.00 NIB before shipping and FFL cost.

A common subject is what ammo will it cycle mine eats 3 dr eq Federals fine, is luke warm on Remington gun club, and doesn’t want to play with cheap Winchester at all.

Seeing how my purpose with the gun is to set it up for 3 gun I’ve got no interest in heavy duty ammo or steel shot so seeing how some problems reported came after hammering slugs and such I may never know. It cycles managed recoil slugs and I’ve still got to check with some Winlite OO buckshot. As I get time I’ll continue to test shells looking for the cheapest birdshot the gun will cycle reliability.

Need to give a shout out to CSS they’ve been real good about supplying info and carry stuff for the platform while others aren’t yet. biggrin.png

I really don’t plan to do much to the gun just trying to make a 3 gun shotgun for the son that runs while keeping my cost down. As / if I progress I’ll follow up but for now I’m pretty sure I can get my money back on this if it all goes south.

One change I'm looking at is getting wood furniture, while not a real functional change it sure looks good.

post-26137-0-72084700-1462241867.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • 2 weeks later...

the other day I put the gas selector on the high brass setting and the federal ammo still ran the gun but wouldn't lock the bolt back on the last round. well this morning doing a little more testing I put what I think is a heavier recoil spring 18 lb. on the front one. the federals and the managed recoil slugs still run, but the gun club shells dropped to about 80% cycling and the winlite buckshot was a 50/50 chance of running the gun. later I may try to get a lighter recoil spring 13 lb range and see if I can get the lighter / cheaper target loads to cycle. I'd like to get this gun to run stuff in the $5.00 a box range shells reliably, cheaper shells equal more shooting.  

Edited by the 4th Doctor

ran a light recoil spring (not sure of the weight found in in an box of old parts) gun will cycle cheap 1 oz 2 3/4 dr eq stuff all day long.

from my stand point my work here is done, have to let the son see how he does and we'll go from there.

I got 3 springs in a 14, 18.5, and a 24 pounder plus I found 2 Saiga springs have to see what set up works the best with a ammo to be used at matches.

post-26137-0-11634000-1464360128_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-24502100-1464360142_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor

Fury magazines now and planned:

In 3 Gun capacity is one of the key elements in being competitive.

While I know Saiga mags can be used in the Fury with the addition of an adapter plate from CSS that wouldn’t work for me for 2 reasons: 1st Saiga mags don’t function the LRBHO device in the Fury, and 2nd Saiga mags cost about the same as Fury mags but have to be modified to work in the Fury.

Right now I have 8 mags for the gun 4 of each the 5 and 10 shot, plus I just ordered 5 of the Fury II 5 shot mags for $3.99 each + shipping for part of the planned actions.

Hopefully after some “Frank-N-Maging” I’ll have some special mags

one factory 5 shot,

two factory 10 shot,

three 10 shot by “Frank-N-Maging” 2 of the 5 shots together combining a Fury on top and a Fury II on the bottom,

and if that works OK two 15 or 16 shot by “Frank-N-Maging” a Fury 10 on top with a Fury II 5 rounder on the bottom.

Cost plays a major factor in this along with availability:

Factory Fury 10 rounders run about $40.00 each shipped

Factory Fury 5 rounders run about $13.00 each shipped   

If I can put a 5 round Fury and Fury II together and get an at least 10 rounder at a cost of under $20.00 each that’s ½ the usual cost.

There are no Fury mags of over 10 rounders so if I can make a 15 or more rounder for $45.00 that’s a pretty neat deal.

Giving a little thought to one of these stocks, but have to wait and see how the son makes out at a match or 2.

post-26137-0-02931000-1464440796_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-65090700-1464440807_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-95904100-1464440822_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • 2 weeks later...

not totally sure why at this moment in time but I just bought a 2nd Fury NIB for $340.00 off GB. I'm fairly sure these guns will go way up in the selling price after the election, so like gold and stocks buy low sell high is the basic plan, plus I still want to do some tinkering with the platform on this make to see if they're really any good. is it good for 1,000 rounds on 25,000 rounds so far the one I've got seems fine but I haven't shot more than a couple hundred rounds out of it and that's all low brass or managed recoil stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

new fury has come and went.

gun was assembled wrong with the last round hold back lever loose in the action so I've sent it back to Century for warranty repairs. 4 to 6 weeks they say is the average time to get it back.

if it had been a used gun or I was bored I'd have fixed it myself not much to it: put the hammer up, put the spring up on the hammer, move the retaining spring off the axis pen, pull the hammer axis pin, and get the lever in place, then put the pen back... but seeing how I still have one here and if anything else was wrong or went wrong during the fix I'd be screwed, not like you can go on line an order replacement parts. figure let the warranty do it's job.

so with a new fury so far you've got about a 50 / 50 shot at it being good to go out of the box.

post-26137-0-56984000-1466178031_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ran a light recoil spring (not sure of the weight found in in an box of old parts) gun will cycle cheap 1 oz 2 3/4 dr eq stuff all day long.

from my stand point my work here is done, have to let the son see how he does and we'll go from there.

I got 3 springs in a 14, 18.5, and a 24 pounder plus I found 2 Saiga springs have to see what set up works the best with a ammo to be used at matches.

Love the colors 

• 2 weeks later...