I recently got into the form 1 world, and decided that I would like to SBR a Romanian Draco.  I'd also like to suppress it.  After I bought the Draco, I started seeing a lot of online talk about the barrel threads not being concentric to the bore, and it being a bad platform to suppress.  

Does anyone here have any experience with suppressing a Draco AK?  

I may end up going another route if it truly is a bad platform to suppress.

If that's the case, I may just go another route.  I'm wondering if by the time I make the investment to have it done, and add a muzzle device for the suppressor, if it will even be worth the effort.  

If that's the case, I may just go another route. I'm wondering if by the time I make the investment to have it done, and add a muzzle device for the suppressor, if it will even be worth the effort.

Call a business member here of your choice that has suppressing AKs to a science, even has subsonic 7.62x39 ammo that will cycle in stock
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've standardized on .300BLK. I's a lot easier to get it to run reliably in an AR platform, wally world and other big-box stores are carrying it now, it works great in short-barreled guns with minimal energy loss, and fired from a 16" barrel, the supersonics aren't much louder than a.22LR--you can fire supersonics unsuppressed without making your ears ring, although I wouldn't call doing so "hearing safe". You almost don't even need a can. It's highly effective on deer, pigs, and thugs out to 200+ yards from a SBR, pistol, or rifle. And suppressed it can be as stupid quiet as a .22 with subsonics.